[Announcement] Collaborative editing of FCStd file in JupyterLab

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
trungleduc

[Announcement] Collaborative editing of FCStd file in JupyterLab

Post by trungleduc »

Hi all,

@SylvainCorlay posted some time ago at viewtopic.php?p=673285 about our project on supporting FreeCAD's FCStd file format in JupyterCAD.
We are happy to announce the official release of JupyterCAD, a tool that integrates CAD capabilities into JupyterLab.

The current major features are:
  • Open and edit FCStd files directly with GUI from JupyterLab or a standalone web application
  • Programmatically edit FCStd files with Python API from a Jupyter Notebook
  • Collaboratively edit FreeCAD models in real-time between JupyterLab, the web application, and from Notebook
  • Follow other users in real time, and add annotations to the shapes
You can find out more detail about JupyterCAD from our blog post https://medium.com/jupyter-blog/collabo ... eb9e8f81f0
HoWil
Veteran

Re: [Announcement] Collaborative editing of FCStd file in JupyterLab

Post by HoWil »

Hey that looks really nice and useful.
I didn't have time to test it until now and hope you will gain enough spin to keep this project up until I find time 8-) .

Can I also use the recorded python code from within freccad or is it not compatible? At a first look it seams that you use internally different code than users in freecad do, right :?: