Drawing with different line weights using Draft Layer Tool

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
arxerxes

Re: Drawing with different line weights using Draft Layer Tool

Post by arxerxes »

proghettolab wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:29 am
arxerxes wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am I have created a 2D drawing with Draft lines and grouped them under different layers. Each layer has a different line color and width, which then is applied to the lines under it. Is it possible to print a drawing with line weights assigned to these layers (similar what is possible in AutoCAD)? TechDraw does not seem to have the function. Is there any other way to make this work? I have attached the file for reference. Thanks!
Draft 2.FCStd
I tried with 0.21.
1) In TechDraw use DraftView instead of View to insert group layers
2) In Layers Manager use 1 and 4 (Line width) both for Elevation and Section layer. After set 0,1 in Line With (Data > Property view of DraftView).
I use this trick because I notice that 0,1*1 and 0,1*4 in TechDraw become 0,1 mm and 0,4 mm.

Note: Layer Manager doesn't exist in 0.20.2.

pMB
Looks like it is working. :)

Thank you. I have attached the screenshot.
I seem to have a rendering issue with the door swing curve which is rendered with an extra line at 45 degrees. I tried re-computing everything, but it does not seem to change.
Attachments
Drawing with Lineweights.jpg
Drawing with Lineweights.jpg (556.48 KiB) Viewed 927 times
arxerxes

Post by arxerxes »

arxerxes wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:19 am
proghettolab wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:29 am
arxerxes wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am I have created a 2D drawing with Draft lines and grouped them under different layers. Each layer has a different line color and width, which then is applied to the lines under it. Is it possible to print a drawing with line weights assigned to these layers (similar what is possible in AutoCAD)? TechDraw does not seem to have the function. Is there any other way to make this work? I have attached the file for reference. Thanks!
Draft 2.FCStd
I tried with 0.21.
1) In TechDraw use DraftView instead of View to insert group layers
2) In Layers Manager use 1 and 4 (Line width) both for Elevation and Section layer. After set 0,1 in Line With (Data > Property view of DraftView).
I use this trick because I notice that 0,1*1 and 0,1*4 in TechDraw become 0,1 mm and 0,4 mm.

Note: Layer Manager doesn't exist in 0.20.2.

pMB
Looks like it is working. :)

Thank you. I have attached the screenshot.
I seem to have a rendering issue with the door swing curve which is rendered with an extra line at 45 degrees. I tried re-computing everything, but it does not seem to change.
Found a workaround to the - door swing curve - rendering problem. The lines that made the door were grouped as Compound and the Display Mode under Display Options was set to Shaded. When that is changed to wireframe, the straight line at 45 degrees disappears.
proghettolab

Post by proghettolab »

I'm glad you fixed it @arxerxes!
For the arc I don't know why... Sincerely it's strange.

pMB
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

arxerxes wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:19 am I seem to have a rendering issue with the door swing curve which is rendered with an extra line at 45 degrees.
Can you post the file?
arxerxes

Post by arxerxes »

Roy_043 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:24 am
arxerxes wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:19 am I seem to have a rendering issue with the door swing curve which is rendered with an extra line at 45 degrees.
Can you post the file?
I have attached the file here. Thank you both for all the help!
Attachments
DraftCheck.FCStd
(61.9 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Because there is a face inside the compound (the rectangles), loose edges (the arc) were wrongly filled as well.

PR to fix this:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/9695