Appimage update fails

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
drmacro
Veteran

Appimage update fails

Post by drmacro »

For the last two days I get this when I attempt to update the appimage with "appimageupdatetool-x86_64.AppImage":

Code: Select all

Checking for updates...
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'appimage::update::updateinformation::UpdateInformationError'
  what():  None of the artifacts matched the pattern in the update information. The pattern is most likely invalid, e.g., due to changes in the filenames of the AppImages. Please contact the author of the AppImage and ask them to revise the update information.
Aborted (core dumped)
ma
Has something changed or is something broken on my side?
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Syres
Veteran

Re: Appimage update fails

Post by Syres »

I'm sure that's a convoluted error message to say there's no x86_64 AppImage in the Weekly-Builds Assets list. Looks like something went wrong on Thursday and the old AppImage got deleted and no new one was produced.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Syres wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:42 am I'm sure that's a convoluted error message to say there's no x86_64 AppImage in the Weekly-Builds Assets list. Looks like something went wrong on Thursday and the old AppImage got deleted and no new one was produced.
It is still failing. Has this been fixed and I'm missing the memo? :lol:
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

@drmacro Nope it's not fixed, all you need to do is lookup https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... kly-builds > Assets @looo may be able to give you an update but completely guessing here it maybe at least a week.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Syres wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:14 am @drmacro Nope it's not fixed, all you need to do is lookup https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... kly-builds > Assets @looo may be able to give you an update but completely guessing here it maybe at least a week.
Yeah, was looking at as I typed the last post. Thought about pinging looo but was sure.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Syres wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:14 am @drmacro Nope it's not fixed, all you need to do is lookup https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... kly-builds > Assets @looo may be able to give you an update but completely guessing here it maybe at least a week.
Still, no appimage.

@adrianinsaval Also, probably not related, but, for the previous to days the AUR freecad-git failed in Manjaro.

I have not tried AUR yet today with Manjaro, I was told it did work in Arch late yesterday.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

archlinux build is working, conda builds are also apparently working (on linux anyways) but the bundling process is failing but I haven't found the time to investigate yet, seems to be somehow related to fmt:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/runner/work/FreeCAD-Bundle/FreeCAD-Bundle/conda/linux/AppDir/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/freecad/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    import FreeCAD as app
PATH_TO_FREECAD_LIBDIR not specified, using default FreeCAD version in /home/runner/work/FreeCAD-Bundle/FreeCAD-Bundle/conda/linux/AppDir/usr/lib
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'FreeCAD'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/home/runner/work/FreeCAD-Bundle/FreeCAD-Bundle/conda/linux/../scripts/get_freecad_version.py", line 7, in <module>
    import freecad
  File "/home/runner/work/FreeCAD-Bundle/FreeCAD-Bundle/conda/linux/AppDir/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/freecad/__init__.py", line 20, in <module>
    import FreeCAD as app
ImportError: libfmt.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ERROR conda.cli.main_run:execute(47): `conda run python ../scripts/get_freecad_version.py` failed. (See above for error)
maybe it's pulling a different version of it than it was compiled with? @chennes is there a way we can force freecad to download and compile fmt during compilation? for conda it seems like this would be the better choice.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:46 pm archlinux build is working, conda builds are also apparently working (on linux anyways) but the bundling process is failing but I haven't found the time to investigate yet, seems to be somehow related to fmt:

File "/home/runner/work/FreeCAD-Bundle/FreeCAD-Bundle/conda/linux/AppDir/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/freecad/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    import FreeCAD as app
PATH_TO_FREECAD_LIBDIR not specified, using default FreeCAD version in /home/runner/work/FreeCAD-Bundle/FreeCAD-Bundle/conda/linux/AppDir/usr/lib
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'FreeCAD'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/home/runner/work/FreeCAD-Bundle/FreeCAD-Bundle/conda/linux/../scripts/get_freecad_version.py", line 7, in <module>
    import freecad
  File "/home/runner/work/FreeCAD-Bundle/FreeCAD-Bundle/conda/linux/AppDir/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/freecad/__init__.py", line 20, in <module>
    import FreeCAD as app
ImportError: libfmt.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ERROR conda.cli.main_run:execute(47): `conda run python ../scripts/get_freecad_version.py` failed. (See above for error)
maybe it's pulling a different version of it than it was compiled with? @chennes is there a way we can force freecad to download and compile fmt during compilation? for conda it seems like this would be the better choice.

The AUR version built fine this AM.
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:46 pm is there a way we can force freecad to download and compile fmt during compilation? for conda it seems like this would be the better choice.
Right now it's almost the exact opposite -- we've got the cMake scripts set up to deliberately avoid downloading libfmt if it can be found on the system. You could modify the cMake script to add an override variable for that, but it feels a little messy to me.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

an appimage should be available shortly (around 15min): https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bundle/pull/175