Getting started in FEM, pressurized vessel

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

BDL42

Re: Getting started in FEM, pressurized vessel

Post by BDL42 »

Do I need to apply constraints prior to using gmsh? In the prior post, I did the constraints and then attempted to mesh.
Don't understand why I get the errors

Code: Select all

13:49:40  Error: The shapes for the mesh group for the reference shapes of analysis member: ConstraintFixed001 could not be found!
13:49:40  Error: The shapes for the mesh group for the reference shapes of analysis member: ConstraintPressure001 could not be found!
Do I need to install vtk9? I have vtk7 installed.

Actually, I have libvtk9.1 installed, but not the following
libvtk9.1-qt
libvtk9-dev
libvtk9-java
libvtk9-qt-dev
python3-libvtk9
vtk9
vtk9-doc
vtk9-examples
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

It might be best to create a GitHub bug report for that message about group meshing and not being able to select the default solver (this is new functionality, make sure that you are using the newest weekly build). Just reference this forum thread and share the About FreeCAD details there. The 0.21 version will be released as stable soon so it's about time to report any potential bugs like that.
BDL42

Post by BDL42 »

NewJoker wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:51 pm It might be best to create a GitHub bug report for that message about group meshing and not being able to select the default solver (this is new functionality, make sure that you are using the newest weekly build). Just reference this forum thread and share the About FreeCAD details there. The 0.21 version will be released as stable soon so it's about time to report any potential bugs like that.
Not sure how to create a bug report. I built FreeCAD from a git pull roughly a week ago. Revision 33063, according to About FreeCAD.
Specifically, I am not sure which message to report, the Report View I posted has a few strange things going on. If you could provide some guidance on creating the bug report, I'd appreciate it.

Not being able to choose the Default solver has been going on since April 30th, when I first started with FEM.

Edit: I have read about creating bug reports. It seems there may be multiple issues. Will try to see if they can be somewhat disentangled.