Preparing for a new FreeCAD release and new problems

Discuss here everything concerning translations. This includes the wiki as well as the help system and the crowdin translations of FreeCAD itself.
kaktus
Veteran

Preparing for a new FreeCAD release and new problems

Post by kaktus »

Hello boarders :mrgreen:

I was very pleased to hear Chennes' (@chennes) message addressed to the international team of translators. It can be read here:
https://crowdin.com/project/freecad/discussions/89

This means that we will again be blessed with special attention from developers. And we have our five minutes. :D

Today when I was checking the progress of the GUI translation fixes, I came across inaccuracies in subsequent FC releases that have me very worried and are causing complications in checking the correctness of the translations.

Repair progress was greatest in the FreeCAD_weekly-builds-32985-2023-04-27-conda-Linux-x86_64-py310.AppImage release.

The next release is: FreeCAD_weekly-builds-32926-2023-04-29-conda-Linux-x86_64-py311.AppImage

Unfortunately, the newer release creates confusion.
It does not have the previous release's translation fixes but already contains newer fixes ... :roll:

I wrote something more about it here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-tran ... issues/210

I don't know if anyone has already pointed out this fact. :geek:
Please take a look at this and advise the translators on how they should deal with the uncomfortable situation that has arisen.

Warm sincere greetings to all involved in fixing translations in the GUI. ;)
Twórca polskiej wersji Wiki dla FreeCAD, współwórca polskiej wersji GUI.
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
kaktus
Veteran

Re: Preparing for a new FreeCAD release and new problems

Post by kaktus »

The new release solves the problem.
FreeCAD_weekly-builds-33040-2023-04-30-conda-Linux-x86_64-py311.AppImage
Twórca polskiej wersji Wiki dla FreeCAD, współwórca polskiej wersji GUI.
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".