Building a truss in Asembly4

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Jetze

Re: Building a truss in Asembly4

Post by Jetze »

thomas-neemann wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:44 pm
Jetze wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:55 pm
suggestion

Bildschirmfoto_2023-04-25_17-43-21.png

1742tn.FCStd
Vielen Danke Thomas,

Also this way of working it out is very illustrative and close to what I am searching for. Also not trivial for me to design it. Very nice! Wunderbar!
I will study it, try to recreate it and adapt it for my purposes. Together with papyblaise's suggestion I will be able to move on.

Very happy I asked here for a solution as I was stuck for already a longer time.

Kind regards,

Jetze
Jetze

Re: Building a truss in Asembly4

Post by Jetze »

Followed papyblaises suggestions. Found it difficult to realize. Many attempts failed. Eventually I got the result as in attachment. I wanted a 6-tube truss. And I wanted to use a spreadsheet for sizes hoping to be able to steer the sizes from there when I want to change things.

I got error's like so:
12:31:38 Transformed: Result has multiple solids. Only keeping the first.
12:31:38 Cannot compute Inventor representation for the rejected transformations of shape of PolarPattern.
And so:
12:33:51 AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement:InertialCS: inertia tensor has axis of symmetry. Second and third axes of inertia are undefined.
12:33:51 AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement:InertialCS: inertia tensor has axis of symmetry. Second and third axes of inertia are undefined.
12:34:29 AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement:InertialCS: inertia tensor has axis of symmetry. Second and third axes of inertia are undefined.

I'm not sure if some of my sketches aren't good enough causing these error's.
And I see a strange rectangle in the top of the truss at two places which I do not yet understand.

Happy I've gotten this result and many thanks both to thomas-neemann and papyblaise who got me so far.

I will now proceed with the other parts detail design and trying to put it all together.
Probably still some hurds to conquer.... ;)

Kind regards, Jetze
Attachments
Test_om_Truss_te_Maken.FCStd
(811.9 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Top Rectangle Not Yet Understood.PNG
Top Rectangle Not Yet Understood.PNG (22.29 KiB) Viewed 616 times