(solved) Bug in fillet or chamfer all function (0.21 master)

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
user1234
Veteran

Re: Bug in fillet or chamfer all function (0.21 master)

Post by user1234 »

adrianinsaval wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:17 pm I'm confused, that looks like the same behavior that you reported in the OP,
No, it is different. Before it was, when you have marked for example 1 edge and then check the checkbox, all edges (example 522) was in the list. Fine so far. But when you changed the geometry, so the edge count differs, for example 1000 or 10, and then you go to the fillet task and uncheck the box, the 522 edges was in there (and not the 1 edge (which makes at least some sense) or a empty list or all actual edges) and it forces to compute them, even it makes no sense at all, because the count does not match and due topological changes (not TNP!), so if fails anyway. I hope i explained it a little bit better.

Greetings
user1234

edit: typo
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: (solved) Bug in fillet or chamfer all function (0.21 master)

Post by adrianinsaval »

still not clear, isn't that also what is happening in your last report?
user1234
Veteran

Re: (solved) Bug in fillet or chamfer all function (0.21 master)

Post by user1234 »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:03 pm still not clear, isn't that also what is happening in your last report?
No, is quite different, especially on compute time and workarounds. Maybe some of my old test builds have still the issue, then i can make a webm to compare. If you see it, i am sure the difference is clear. To write it is pretty hard.

Greetings
user1234