Monthly developers meeting - next meeting: TBD

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chennes
Veteran

Re: Monthly developers meeting - next meeting: May 7th

Post by chennes »

Well, your original suggestion was better for me, but I should be able to attend @openBrain's proposed slot most of the time as well.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Just a reminder, our monthly dev meeting will be next sunday!
Let's split the ball in two? 18h30 Euro / 11h30 US?
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Can we use UTC when talking about the time? As I understand it both the US and EU span multiple time zones (and there seems to be more than one abbreviation for some of those) so I always get confused and have to google which you mean and what's the difference to mine and check if whatever webpage I end up looking is taking daylight saving times into account... if you use UTC I can just do the math in my head and be done, I would imagine other people would be the same.

I believe the time you are proposing is 16:30 UTC, right?
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

I've added another view to the V0.21 project.

This shows the PRs grouped by maintainer. We have a lot of open PRs that don't have any maintainer assigned.
Probably many of these PRs should not be in scope for the release.

Ideally, we come out of the meeting on Sunday and all the open PRs are either marked 'out of scope' or have a maintainer. Between now and then, please look through the project in the 'Board' view.
  • If you see an issue in the 'no status' column that is clearly out of scope, please drag it to that column.
  • If you see a PR in the 'needs maintainer' column that is out of scope, please drag it to that column.
  • If you're a maintainer and see a PR that should be in-scope and that you can take, please self-assign it and move it to the 'In progress' column
  • If you see a PR that should be handled in this release, drag it to the 'to do' column.
  • If you see anything that you're not sure about, move it (or leave it) in the 'no status' column and we can discuss on Sunday.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:10 pm I believe the time you are proposing is 16:30 UTC, right?
Yes that's it. ;)
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

berniev wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:06 pm Very important though IMO is the agenda clearly spells out the reason for each item and what results are sought. Unfortunately most of us are not mind readers and do not like surprises or wasting time!

Is it too much to ask to be properly informed beforehand so attendance can be decided (relevance), and having decided to participate, to be properly prepared?
I agree!
The agenda document has gotten some attention (thanks openBrain). Anyone can edit it. Just add your name to items or comments so we know who's talking.
We can work out a LOT of things just in the agenda beforehand. This will help keep the meeting on task.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

OTOH it has become rather big and complex to use as an agenda now... Shouldn't the discussions there happen elsewhere?
a.paritosh

Post by a.paritosh »

Hey everyone.
I will be working on [GSoC 2023] UI tool for fetching online content this summer. I an looking forward to interacting with the community and I will be joining the Monthly developers meeting
Amulya Paritosh
GSoC 2023
matthiaswm

Post by matthiaswm »

Thanks for letting me listen in on your meeting. Not sure yet if I can be of any help this point, but at least I can compile and run on Mac M1 , so let me know if you need test runs or similar.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

Was a cool meeting. Quite lot of decisions and actions taken in a sort amount of time. :)

How about having another monthly meeting called "Contributors meeting" (could alternate about every 2 weeks with Developer meeting) ?
By far FC isn't just dev, but also community support (forum), user documentation, translations, ...