GUI issue in AppImage - cannot edit property value

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
FCuser0

GUI issue in AppImage - cannot edit property value

Post by FCuser0 »

I am facing issue with editing properties. Basically, the property/value table looks ok. But when I click an entry, the edit box is misaligned and I can neiterh click the fx button not the up/down arrows to change the value.

ksnip_20230327-102706.png
ksnip_20230327-102706.png (61.28 KiB) Viewed 325 times

This is under Kubuntu 22.04. I have no issues with any other application. I guess it must be related to the font settings, but I don't know how I change these for the AppImage (I use the 0.20.2 AppImage)
chrisb
Veteran

Re: GUI issue in AppImage - cannot edit property value

Post by chrisb »

As soon as you have an Attachment, you have to make all changes to the AttachmentOffset, which is relative to the Placement.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

the UI glitch is not normal though. Are you suing some addon? does this happen in an editable field like the attachment offset too?
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

This seems to be an issue with my theme, some spinbox select settings are doing weird. :cry:
Tnx for reporting I'll try and fix it.
Edit: It should be fixed mostly.
There can still pop up a lost cursor, but it's not that annoying. There are a bunch of hacks in the older theme files, but I rather only copy/paste the ones that actually do something.