Inquire about solutions to TechDraw template OSError

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bunnyfreecad

Inquire about solutions to TechDraw template OSError

Post by bunnyfreecad »

Hello

When inserting a template file in TechDraw, there is a problem that the templates file does not open with the error message. The error message is '<class 'OSError'>: File C:/Users/NAME/AppData/Local/Temp/FreeCAD/Cache_Doc_~~~~~..../A4_~~~.tmp does not exist.'

Is There any solution?
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Inquire about solutions to TechDraw template OSError

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Please attach your full FreeCAD info as described in the IMPORTANT forum rules linked in the Help forum.

What exactly did you do to get this? Did you just use TechDraw PageTemplate and select one of the predefined templates?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bunnyfreecad

Post by bunnyfreecad »

Hi

Yes. I used TechDraw PageTemplate. And, The same error occurs in all predefined templates and it does not open.
Even the default page doesn't open for the same error.

* predefined templates : A4_Landscape_blank, A4_Landscape_ISO7200_pep.... etc (All predefined templates contained in the TechDraw folder)
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

bunnyfreecad wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:58 am When inserting a template file in TechDraw, there is a problem that the templates file does not open with the error message. The error message is '<class 'OSError'>: File C:/Users/NAME/AppData/Local/Temp/FreeCAD/Cache_Doc_~~~~~..../A4_~~~.tmp does not exist.'
I don't use Windows very much, so take this with a grain of salt. Something looks wrong with that file spec. A template file name should end in "svg", not "tmp" and it shouldn't be in a Temp directory.

On my Windows VM, the templates are in "...Program Files/FreeCAD 0.20/data/Mod/TechDraw/Templates". "AppData/Local/Temp/..." looks more like a working file.

If you are selecting an entry from a file dialog and getting a "does not exist" error, my first thought would be a permissions issue. Can you open
a template file from that directory using FileExplorer?
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

The Page Result file ends up in AppData. But the OP's path seems incorrect. It should be something like this:

Code: Select all

C:/Users/Name/AppData/Local/Temp/FreeCAD/Cache/FreeCAD_Doc_40c40c1f-81f4-4d30-9977-0dcd2dee2e1d_da39a3_3816/A4_LandscapeTD.svg