Chamfer with mill tool

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
herbk
Veteran

Re: Chamfer with mill tool

Post by herbk »

You have to create a model that looks like that what you want to have. If you have it, make a Job at based of this model -> click at a top face of a stair and use the pocket OP.
Like Gene wrote: The Model has to be a solid...
Gruß Herbert
ModestModest

Post by ModestModest »

I uploaded new file that show what I want with chamfer on milling tool
ModestModest wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:24 pm Outdated

Code: Select all

Chamfer with mill tool

Hello When I start making tool path for this type of object it's just make circles strait down, without compensation to object itself I unable use pocket or profile to get needed result

P.S. testpiece_goal.FCStd it's file that I try to cut
testpiece.FCStd it's what I made to achieve that, but I need create manually new path for each step down, that's why bunch raintagles of different size. For now I have only milling tool for CNC
UPDATE

Endmill tool tip 20mm Diameter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/189u2Ox ... sp=sharing

So here is new file Eye_hole_smoth_Inckscape.FCStd. I used 6 profile to make path for chamfer
Is there any other way make it automatically with pockets or etc? My attempt using pockets are failed, I wish I had tool for that but I must work with what I have for now.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

For milling the fillets you need Path 3DSurface. It's experimental and you have to enable OCL in the preferences.

There is also a Path Deburr tool, but that works on an edge, where you did not explicitely model the chamfer.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
ModestModest

Post by ModestModest »

chrisb wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:39 am For milling the fillets you need Path 3DSurface. It's experimental and you have to enable OCL in the preferences.

There is also a Path Deburr tool, but that works on an edge, where you did not explicitely model the chamfer.
So instead pick face for chamfer creation (in part workbench there was 2 options) I need pick edges of that face ?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

ModestModest wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:48 am So instead pick face for chamfer creation (in part workbench there was 2 options) I need pick edges of that face ?
I think so. I didn't use it myself. Did you try it?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
ModestModest

Post by ModestModest »

chrisb wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:06 am
ModestModest wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:48 am So instead pick face for chamfer creation (in part workbench there was 2 options) I need pick edges of that face ?
I think so. I didn't use it myself. Did you try it?
Yeah I tried when build it in both cases I got same model with same issue, as far I understand it just auto select all edges that touch selected Face
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

If chamfered in Part workbench, you can leave the model as is, and use the still existing object under the fillet for the Path job.