Problem with curves on 2D view

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Problem with curves on 2D view

Post by wandererfan »

cehjan wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:43 pm I was referring to this problem that can be seen in the pictures. A 3D curve overlapped a circle in 2D. The diameter or radius should be dimensioned there, and sometimes it is not possible to select a circle.
Can you set the 3D curve to invisible with TechDraw_DecorateLine and then select the circle?

There is an issue about better selection options - issue #6017.
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

Greetings to the Community!
Something interferes with the "DecorateLine" function, once the drawing has been arranged, making some lines invisible, and saving it, when the file is reopened some visible lines become hidden and other hidden ones become visible (but this does not always occur).
This behavior sometimes also happens when recalculating the view and/or recalculating the entire file.
I also noticed that the dotted bounding frame of the views is stretched with respect to the projected object, but if I disable the display of the center crosses, the bounding frames of the views normalize.

Code: Select all

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.21.0.31917 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 4639283b459f9ff9093e289908cc003db8745b82
Python 3.10.9, Qt 5.15.6, Coin 4.0.0, Vtk 9.1.0, OCC 7.6.3
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

domad wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:27 pm Something interferes with the "DecorateLine" function, once the drawing has been arranged, making some lines invisible, and saving it, when the file is reopened some visible lines become hidden and other hidden ones become visible (but this does not always occur).
This behavior sometimes also happens when recalculating the view and/or recalculating the entire file.
This is a symptom of the "lesser topo naming problem". The formatting information is linked to the line using the line's index, which can change after a recompute. This can affect hatches, dimensions, line formats, etc.

I'm currently working on mitigating this for dimensions.
I also noticed that the dotted bounding frame of the views is stretched with respect to the projected object, but if I disable the display of the center crosses, the bounding frames of the views normalize.
Yeah, this one is on my list too. The center crosses are actually vertices behind the scenes. We do want to consider vertices in sizing the frame, but I need to add a special case to not include vertices that happen to be center crosses.
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

wandererfan wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:13 pm ...
Greetings to the Community!
Thanks, as always, for your punctual and precise explanations.
Certainly it is a bit annoying having to redo some steps, in any case you survive anyway, and it is very nice to know that you are proceeding towards a solution.
Thanks again for your invaluable work.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

domad wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:27 pm I also noticed that the dotted bounding frame of the views is stretched with respect to the projected object, but if I disable the display of the
Should be better after git commit 0c5f476ad4.