FreeCAD 0.21 and Raspberry Pi 4

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD 0.21 and Raspberry Pi 4

Post by adrianinsaval »

It might be because glPolygonMode is not supported in OpenGL ES, but it's not clear to mi if the raspberry pi 4 supports normal OpenGL or not
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

Jolbas wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:57 pm 5. Set value to 128. Which is semi-transparent black.
Works quite well :)

NavCube_glDrawArrays_RPI4_EmphaseColor_128.gif
NavCube_glDrawArrays_RPI4_EmphaseColor_128.gif (153.08 KiB) Viewed 798 times

NaveCube is a bit clipping but that quite good. Thanks for the hint!
BTW it's not possible to drag the cube anymore, is this expected?
Is it possible to fix the clipping issue?

JFYI here is some informations about the v3dv driver of RPI4 that you can access by expanding ">Driver details" lines :
https://mesamatrix.net/
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

The moving feature is disabled but can be activated temporary. To make it draggable. Click the hexagon and you have it as last menu item.
Will try to add rotate view functionality on dragging later. Open for suggestions.
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

Jolbas wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:14 pm The moving feature is disabled but can be activated temporary. To make it draggable. Click the hexagon and you have it as last menu item.
Will try to add rotate view functionality on dragging later. Open for suggestions.
NavCube is draggable indeed, by enabling last menu item as you said, thank you.
As I'm concerned the issue is fixed, NaveCube is quite usable as is. Clipping (flashing? I don't know how to name it) of NavCube faces is a bit disturbing, but that's not a big deal.
Thanks for your efforts and your attention about all of this :)
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

The clipping, I believe, is related to the depth mask. This should be handled by the glDepthRange(). For some reason that I don't understand it's called glDepthRangef() on OpenGL ES.
I could place the labels a tiny bit above the surface and that will probably work. I'll wait a week or so before I do anything. Maybe more issues will be discovered when the public builds containing this change are available.
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

Jolbas wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:38 pm I could place the labels a tiny bit above the surface and that will probably work.
+1
Can't wait for that :D
I'll wait a week or so before I do anything. Maybe more issues will be discovered when the public builds containing this change are available.
+1
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

I think it would be best to move this to a github issue, can you create one @-alex-?
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:48 pm I think it would be best to move this to a github issue, can you create one @-alex-?
Ok, I will.
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

I found that glPolygonMode isn't supported in openGL ES either. Thats very likely the cause of the border issue because it is not used when drawing the coordinate system. Open that issue and I will try to find a solution without glPolygonMode. It shouldn't be that hard.
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

Jolbas wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:00 pm Open that issue and I will try to find a solution without glPolygonMode. It shouldn't be that hard.
Ok, I will. A workaround as a fix would be great 8-)