Result node numbers are not equal to FEM mesh NodeCount.

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

MustafaISSA

Result node numbers are not equal to FEM mesh NodeCount.

Post by MustafaISSA »

Hello everyone,

I import a step file to Freecad to do static simulation, when I run the simulation it gives this error :

CalculiX returned an error due to nonpositive jacobian determinant in at least one element
Use the run button on selected solver to get a better error output.

Do you have an idea for this error?

Thanks.
NewJoker
Veteran

Re: Result node numbers are not equal to FEM mesh NodeCount.

Post by NewJoker »

Here you can find some tips regarding this error: https://wiki.freecad.org/FEM_MeshGmshFromShape#Notes
MustafaISSA

Post by MustafaISSA »

Thank you for your response, actually, I have tried to increase the mesh elements, and the problem can be solved but it gave not a reasonable answer for displacement. Here is the file you can take a look at.

I have 540 N force applied on the upper surface. The material is Aluminum generic, and I applied the self wight too.
the basement is fixed.
file to send.FCStd
(145.11 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Vision78

Post by Vision78 »

Having looked at the model and trying out the simulation, do you mean the 21km displacement?

Id simplify it only to the top beam and if needed making sure the parts are properly attached to eachother in the model, looks like it yeets the whole thing somewhere
MustafaISSA

Post by MustafaISSA »

Yes, I have solved it before, it gave a 1.5 mm displacement for the upper part. but I added an extrude to link two parts to each other as shown in the figure below.
I have done the analysis by SolidWorks after modification and there was no problem.
Capture01.JPG
Capture01.JPG (30.41 KiB) Viewed 580 times
Vision78

Post by Vision78 »

MustafaISSA wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:52 pm Yes, I have solved it before, it gave a 1.5 mm displacement for the upper part. but I added an extrude to link two parts to each other as shown in the figure below.
I have done the analysis by SolidWorks after modification and there was no problem.

Capture01.JPG
1,5mm looks about right as it is a distributed load, the lid to this part isnt essential for the simulation though and just makes it more complicated than it needs to be.

I probably should switch my elements because in the simulation everything was wonky, it didnt like the hollow thin parts.
MustafaISSA

Post by MustafaISSA »

I add this extrude to fix the diagonal part. because it was moving too during the simulation, i tried to fix it by assembly but it gave me overdefined.

the 1.5 mm this answer before adding this extrude :|

Thanks for the collaboration