[done] Developing a spreadsheet based loaf pan

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Ulicad

Re: Developing a spreadsheet based loaf pan

Post by Ulicad »

Considering the suggestions from above, there is no one yet I would like to utilize in an Entry-Level approach.

FYI:
I am continuing now on an alternate, possibly a little more redundant but more simple way - no need for replies at this time.

Thanks for your posts!
Uli
Regards, Ulicad / Uli
---
en: New FC-user, virgin to previous CAD-work, labouring on his new hobby Ulis Blog
de: Neuer FC-Nutzer, ohne vorhergehende CAD-Erfahrung, beschäftigt mit seinem neuen Hobby Ulis Blog
Ulicad

Post by Ulicad »

Hi @all,
could you give a hint for removing the remnants of deletions? I could not manage until now.

Anything visible in the .png having positive Y-values would have to be cleaned / deleted.

Thanks!
loafpan.model2.base-5.FCStd
(214.96 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Attachments
remainings-of-deletions(400).png
remainings-of-deletions(400).png (68.94 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Regards, Ulicad / Uli
---
en: New FC-user, virgin to previous CAD-work, labouring on his new hobby Ulis Blog
de: Neuer FC-Nutzer, ohne vorhergehende CAD-Erfahrung, beschäftigt mit seinem neuen Hobby Ulis Blog
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

your loaf will become a baguette: the ends are open
Attachments
miche.JPG
miche.JPG (41.65 KiB) Viewed 1154 times
Ulicad

Post by Ulicad »

papyblaise wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:39 am ...
It would have been even nicer if you had revealed how to remove the remains.. ;)
Regards, Ulicad / Uli
---
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

with the capture window you enter the 2 points together and you use the coincidence constraint tool, it is the 1st of the bar
in addition I discover that the vertical line is a duplicate
Ulicad

Post by Ulicad »

papyblaise wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:12 am with the capture window you enter the 2 points together and you use the coincidence constraint tool, it is the 1st of the bar
in addition I discover that the vertical line is a duplicate
Thanks, was not able to completely follow - this probably is caused by my know how, language and terminology used.
user1234 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:03 pm ... There are minimum 2 ways in that case, how to prevent this. ...
user1234, could you suggest a viable path for 'entry-level' (as opposed to 'advanced-level') so I could more easily continue? I was running into various obstacles until now, which are not to be mentioned actually.

Regards
Uli
Regards, Ulicad / Uli
---
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

Ulicad wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:30 pm could you suggest a viable path for 'entry-level' (as opposed to 'advanced-level') so I could more easily continue?
That is pretty hard, since i am in writing not good, but i try it. Also the forum addition is pretty limiter (for good reasons), so the fps of the short videos are not high.

Not shown, i used as zero point the inner middle point of a side, not the outside, seems to me to make more sense. Also the zero point is not in the middle. Normal i make it in the middle to use the symmetric, but for learning i do it not, to show, that a plane can be settled with constraints symmetric to the object and can be used for modeling.

First make a spreadsheet, give it values (at best with units) and give it good meaningful alias (maybe better as mines). Then you connect the vaulues with the sketch.

Peek 2023-03-13 21-10.webm
(684.96 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

Same works with angles.

Peek 2023-03-13 21-12.webm
(662.9 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

Then place the DatumPlane with expressions. For showcase, i use the length of the pad. Of course you can use the length value of the Spreadsheet directly, i only want to show, that is possible to use any property of an object. I attached the plane before to the XZPlane, so do not need to to change any placement angle and/or axis.

Peek 2023-03-13 21-26.webm
(660.95 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Then place the sketch of the cutout on the face without TNP. For that i use expressions. In the first sketch, i placed a helper point (expression driven), where the points should be in y position. Then i gave them a name. I use the name for placing them via expression. The zero point for the to placed sketch is sin the corner. As the DatumPlane before, i use the a good attachment plane before, so you must not use any trigonometric function.

Peek 2023-03-13 21-39.webm
(767.14 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

Do not forget to set the angle! Then you can pocket the sketch, which his now always on the plane and the cut is rectangular to the plane. Then you can pattern it to the dead, it is still parametric and, as long the values gave sense, undestroyable.

Peek 2023-03-13 21-40.webm
(833.93 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Greetings
user1234
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

file
example.FCStd
(41.14 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Just said, this model is not for sheet metal, since it is not made this way, it is only to show how to use expressions and how to attach a sketch without TNP.

Greetings
user1234
Ulicad

Post by Ulicad »

user1234 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 pm ... That is pretty hard ...
Whow - sooo much to swallow, let's see if I can make this :o

Thanks!

Working some more on this draft actually, just to learn that exactly for the beginners it may really be hard to work around TNP, depending on the task of course.

I'll be back soon with the loaf pan :)

Regards
Uli
Regards, Ulicad / Uli
---
Ulicad

Post by Ulicad »

Referring to your post and to the actual state of the model (an actual state is attached):
user1234 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 pm ... i used as zero point the inner middle point of a side ...
Ok, this was done so, yes, to use symmetries.
user1234 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 pm ... for learning i do it not, to show, that a plane can be settled with constraints symmetric to the object and can be used for modeling ...
ok, understood
user1234 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 pm ... First make a spreadsheet ... Then you connect the vaulues with the sketch. ....
This was done alright.

user1234 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 pm ... Then place the DatumPlane with expressions ...
This helps a lot! Using it firstly in here (actual priority)

user1234 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 pm ...
Then place the sketch of the cutout on the face without TNP. For that i use expressions.
Peek 2023-03-13 21-39.webm
Will try so!

The major questions / tasks now remaining are:
- how can a beginner be prompted to use expressions without sweating ..
- accordingly edit the other topic (above)
- continue on the loaf pan along your suggestion

For the moment, some of your recomendations are used in the other topic. If you want, they are not altered, if you prefer to create another sample, I want to integrate it as soon as it is here.

Greetings
Uli
Attachments
zko.loafpan.model2.base-4.035.FCStd
(131.67 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Regards, Ulicad / Uli
---