the forum important link ought to be a wiki page rather than a forum thread.

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
heda
Veteran

the forum important link ought to be a wiki page rather than a forum thread.

Post by heda »

http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2264
if in agreement, i will create a new wiki page with that purpose, so that it can be reviewed before switching address of the forum header.

one clear benefit (that i see), is that once the user is on the wiki, they can see all the links to the left, and if one is looking for basic info - that is a much better place to be than on the forum...

when a user clicks the important link - one can assume that the user is not particularly familiar with the whole info-set up of fc, for example, they have watched a yt video and then go directly to forum, i.e. they have never seen the wiki...
david69
Veteran

Re: the forum important link ought to be a wiki page rather than a forum thread.

Post by david69 »

no problem for me to create a page in relation with that forum link, just keep in mind both of them must be in sync otherwise it will create confusions.

my observation for the Frenchies - I am: it takes a while before user get used to go on the wiki. first of all, the forum, they ask theirs questions: no reference about versionning of FreeCAD, no file, no drawing (and I can understand, the diversity of the users). First answer of the helper: pls read the red rubbon. Sometimes it works, sometimes no, so need to repeat the operation. Once the user got that habits then he is starting to visit the wiki because some of the veteran helpers also get used to refer to the wiki and provides links.