Crowdin - 22% of translation has disappeared

Discuss here everything concerning translations. This includes the wiki as well as the help system and the crowdin translations of FreeCAD itself.
Kuzma30

Re: Crowdin - 22% of translation has disappeared

Post by Kuzma30 »

You can found ts files here https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD
Location of files in source tree:
{"tsname":"App", "workingdir":"./src/App", "tsdir":"Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"FreeCAD", "workingdir":"./src/Gui", "tsdir":"Language"},
{"tsname":"AddonManager", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/AddonManager/", "tsdir":"Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Arch", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Arch/", "tsdir":"Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Draft", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Draft/", "tsdir":"Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Drawing", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Drawing/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Fem", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Fem/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Image", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Image/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Inspection", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Inspection/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Material", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Material/", "tsdir":"Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Mesh", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Mesh/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"MeshPart", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/MeshPart/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"OpenSCAD", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/OpenSCAD/", "tsdir":"Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"PartDesign", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/PartDesign/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Part", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Part/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Path", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Path/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Points", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Points/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Raytracing", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Raytracing/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"ReverseEngineering", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/ReverseEngineering/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Robot", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Robot/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Sketcher", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Sketcher/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Spreadsheet", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Spreadsheet/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Start", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Start/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"TechDraw", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/TechDraw/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Test", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Test/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Tux", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Tux/", "tsdir":"Resources/translations"},
{"tsname":"Web", "workingdir":"./src/Mod/Web/", "tsdir":"Gui/Resources/translations"}
RealThunder's A3 Wiki translation, join the project https://crowdin.com/project/freecad-asm3-wiki
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

yes and no Kuzma30.

with the Appimage 0.20.1, 100% of the GUI was translated for the French.
when I launch the executable of that version, I want to find on my computer these translated files - those in with French words. I find some .qm files under /tmp/.mount_FreeCADJxCWS/usr/translations but not those dedicated to each workbench.
then I can put them back on Crowdin.

and other point, these translated files must be .qm and crowdin eats only .ts. do you have script to convert .qm to .ts?
Kuzma30

Post by Kuzma30 »

david69 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:04 am yes and no Kuzma30.

with the Appimage 0.20.1, 100% of the GUI was translated for the French.
when I launch the executable of that version, I want to find on my computer these translated files - those in with French words. I find some .qm files under /tmp/.mount_FreeCADJxCWS/usr/translations but not those dedicated to each workbench.
then I can put them back on Crowdin.

and other point, these translated files must be .qm and crowdin eats only .ts. do you have script to convert .qm to .ts?
For example FreeCAD.ts you can found here:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree ... i/Language

{"tsname":"FreeCAD", "workingdir":"./src/Gui", "tsdir":"Language"},
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree/master + workingdir (=/src/Gui) + tsdir (= Language)

Ts files you can found only in github.
RealThunder's A3 Wiki translation, join the project https://crowdin.com/project/freecad-asm3-wiki
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

David with the QT Linguist (GUI) you can freely convert to the format you are interested in ;)
Twórca polskiej wersji Wiki dla FreeCAD, współwórca polskiej wersji GUI.
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

noted & understood. thank you for the tip.
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

at the end, I have checked one by one the disappeared translations which permitted to double check translations and raised some questions on Crowdin.

conversion worked.