crowdin and authors

Discuss here everything concerning translations. This includes the wiki as well as the help system and the crowdin translations of FreeCAD itself.
FBXL5

Re: crowdin and authors

Post by FBXL5 »

Roy_043 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:11 pm How can you search for questions related to a particular workbench on Crowdin?
You can select which workbench you want to translate in the upper left corner of the Crowdin GUI and then the dashed triangle:
CISort.png
CISort.png (113.3 KiB) Viewed 740 times
FBXL5

Post by FBXL5 »

Roy_043 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:29 pm
Is this about "radiam"? This is not a spelling error, it is a combination of the words "radius" and "diameter".
That would give RaDurchm, combining Radius and Durchmesser in German (or HaDu/HaDurchm, combining old-fashioned Halbmesser and and Durchmesser) None of them would come near self-explaining. Best solution so far is to keep the original :?

I'm puzzled mainly by one word entries where it's impossible to tell the part of speech they represent.
Is it a pad/loft/sweep or to pad/loft/sweep?
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

FBXL5 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:13 am I'm puzzled mainly by one word entries where it's impossible to tell the part of speech they represent.
Is it a pad/loft/sweep or to pad/loft/sweep?
It's possible for developers to add an extra comment string that will show up in CrowdIn to help disambiguate cases like these, but it's not always obvious to developers when it's necessary to do so. If you'll just add a comment on them in CrowdIn I'll try to make sure it gets addressed.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com