FEM and BESO

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

fandaL

Re: FEM and BESO

Post by fandaL »

rrestep wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:54 pm I'm just wondering if it is an add-on that I downloaded in version 20 that isn't in version 19 that could be the problem. Have you heard of anything like this before?
If someone mentioned some conflicting addon, I don't recall it. True is that I don't have many addons installed. However, error in loading a python module which is next to the active python file is strange to me.
anno15

Post by anno15 »

@fandaL: How is it possible in FreeCAD and FEM workbench to set faces like here (https://github.com/fandaL/beso/raw/mast ... e_mesh.png) in the airplane bearing bracket as fixed that these parts are not optimized?
fandaL

Post by fandaL »

If you use beso_fc_gui you can select domains by material object (they are internally recognised as elset-s).

In the GUI, select one material object for Domain 0, second material object for Domain 1 and untick "As design domain".
The optimization should keep Domain 1 untouched, but it will be displayed in the results.
nondesign_domain.png
nondesign_domain.png (55.89 KiB) Viewed 718 times
It is possible to ignore second material object, i.e. without definition of the Domain 1 (second material object is not defined in the optimization). In that case, optimization will not read the mesh for Domain 1 so it will not be displayed by the end (and it cannot be used within filtering, which might cause a little difference), but CalculiX will still calculate with whole model.