[ ArchSketch - Feature (Merged) Preview ] - Slab, Curtain Wall, ArchWall etc. on Same ArchSketch

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
paullee
Veteran

Re: [ ArchSketch - Feature Preview ] - Slab, Curtain Wall, ArchWall etc. on Same ArchSketch

Post by paullee »

markko martin wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:06 pm Selections group of edges works well in windows 10 :)

I don't understand how to edit the structure after creating it.
For example I would like to have the structure with only one hole instead of two.

If I try to open the file "Test_ ArchSketch_ 102_ Testing" I get the following error:
Thanks for testing !

The command just toggle on/off the selected edges to be included in forming the wires as base of Structure (i.e. +/- on the icon), so just selected those edges again to remove the opening. Previous command need user to pick empty area to clear the selection before selecting again, confusing and tedious workflow; with some fine-tuning, it should be easier and more intuitive, please download below file and try again, thanks ! With very limited knowledge in coding, I can only do some very rudimentary GUI, the selected edges could be found and manually edited in the ArchSketchEdges property field; hope some people is interested to assist :)

I thought I had done something to prevent previous created ArchStructure re-opened with error ... anyway, just recompute, should be fine.

SketchArch Add-on Files Updated
  1. ArchSketchObject.py
ArchSketchObject.py
(106.97 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Screenshot from 2022-12-26 10-50-43.png
Screenshot from 2022-12-26 10-50-43.png (144.47 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
Screenshot from 2022-12-26 10-50-46.png
Screenshot from 2022-12-26 10-50-46.png (9.5 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
paullee
Veteran

Re: [ ArchSketch - Feature Preview ] - Slab, Curtain Wall, ArchWall etc. on Same ArchSketch

Post by paullee »

Demo - group selecting edges.

( Click bottom left 'Watch on YouTube' button, if have problem watching on this post )

phpBB [video]
markko martin

Post by markko martin »

paullee wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:49 am
The command just toggle on/off the selected edges to be included in forming the wires as base of Structure (i.e. +/- on the icon), so just selected those edges again to remove the opening.
Now I can select edges every time I want to create new holes but I can't deselect them.
Sometimes it works using SHIFT before the selection , Sometimes I can deselect only one rectangle ( the first time ) but it's random.

Hexagon wire generates a circle hole.

Don't give up ;-)
Attachments
Example_02.FCStd
(27.06 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Loris
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

markko martin wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:26 pm Now I can select edges every time I want to create new holes but I can't deselect them.
Sometimes it works using SHIFT before the selection , Sometimes I can deselect only one rectangle ( the first time ) but it's random.
Something different from the standard behaviour ? No need to press Shift.

https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Std_BoxSelection

Code: Select all

Do one of the following:

Drag a rectangle from left to right to select objects whose geometric center lies inside the rectangle.
    Drag a rectangle from right to left to select objects whose bounding box is (partially) inside the rectangle, or touches it.
markko martin wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:26 pm Hexagon wire generates a circle hole.
You may have selected the Circle and Hexagon edges altogether; just click the circle edge to deselect it.

Thanks for testing :)

Example_02_r.FCStd
(23.66 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Screenshot from 2022-12-27 09-12-01.png
Screenshot from 2022-12-27 09-12-01.png (202.09 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
Screenshot from 2022-12-27 09-13-29.png
Screenshot from 2022-12-27 09-13-29.png (206.25 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
markko martin

Post by markko martin »

paullee wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:16 am Something different from the standard behaviour ? No need to press Shift.
Std BoxSelection ( and selection of individual edges too ) works properly only if before I change FaceMaker in ArchStructure ( ad example from standard to cheese or from cheese to bullseye or from cheese to simple or from simple to none ). It doesn't matter which mode is set.
The only important thing is that you switch FaceMaker modes so you can edit ( only 1 time ) the structure.
If I have to change the structure for a second time, it's enough to change the facemaker mode again.

Edit: the base ArchSketch doesn't tells the ArchStructure to use Bullseye as FaceMaker. In my freecad facemaker remains set to None.
Loris
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

markko martin wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:01 pm Std BoxSelection ( and selection of individual edges too ) works properly only if before I change FaceMaker in ArchStructure ( ad example from standard to cheese or from cheese to bullseye or from cheese to simple or from simple to none ). It doesn't matter which mode is set.
The only important thing is that you switch FaceMaker modes so you can edit ( only 1 time ) the structure.
If I have to change the structure for a second time, it's enough to change the facemaker mode again.

Edit: the base ArchSketch doesn't tells the ArchStructure to use Bullseye as FaceMaker. In my freecad facemaker remains set to None.
Hmmm, do not have a Windows to test. Make sure you have the the latest ArchStructure.py and ArchSketchObjects.py. See if you can make a video if convenient.

For FaceMaker, the code does not explicitly change the property input in ArchStructure, it just ignore the property and recompute using Bullseye as parameter.
markko martin

Post by markko martin »

paullee wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:33 pm Hmmm, do not have a Windows to test. Make sure you have the the latest ArchStructure.py and ArchSketchObjects.py. See if you can make a video if convenient.
I've updated freecad and I think something is wrong .
Edit structure once it works and once it doesn't :(

Code: Select all

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.21.0.31513 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: b2ab8edba4bfd71681e639f8c3f1105066bed4c7
Python 3.10.8, Qt 5.15.4, Coin 4.0.0, Vtk 9.1.0, OCC 7.6.3
Locale: Italian/Italy (it_IT)
Installed mods: 
  * FreeCAD_SketchArch
Edit structure 01.gif
Edit structure 01.gif (1018.01 KiB) Viewed 1260 times
Last edited by markko martin on Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loris
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

markko martin wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:54 pm I've updated freecad and I think something is wrong .
Edit structure once it works and once it doesn't :(
Hmmm, not sure what is wrong. Can post 2 model files ? -
  1. The current model file
  2. After trying to edit the Structure and selecting the edges for the opening, save the model file and post here
Thanks.
markko martin

Post by markko martin »

paullee wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:10 pm Hmmm, not sure what is wrong. Can post 2 model files ? -
  1. The current model file
  2. After trying to edit the Structure and selecting the edges for the opening, save the model file and post here
Thanks.
When selection fails Facemaker returned an error.
I hope files are useful for you to understand what is wrong.
Thank's for your work !
Attachments
Facemaker returned an error.jpg
Facemaker returned an error.jpg (426.35 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
01_Only_ArchSketch.FCStd
(6.77 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
02_Structure.FCStd
(14.65 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
03_Edit_Structure_correctly_performed.FCStd
(13.47 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
04_Edit_Structure_not_performed.FCStd
(13.45 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Loris
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Hmmm, can't see what's wrong, everything seems working here :roll: