Need help on using freecad to build a dining table

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ingManiac

Need help on using freecad to build a dining table

Post by ingManiac »

I want to build a dining table.
I already own the top plate it is 40mm thick wood with colored raisin.
I have two adittional plates that should slide out of the sides and go up and turn 90 degrees to extend the table.
I am fairly new to freecad, i am able to do some modellingbfor 3d printing but when it comes to assemblies and including iges files for the sliders i am lost.
So i am looking for someone who can teach me freecad online with this project for a fair amount paid per hour.

thanks in advance!
dprojects

Re: Need help on using freecad to build a dining table

Post by dprojects »

ingManiac wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:54 pm So i am looking for someone who can teach me freecad online with this project for a fair amount paid per hour.
I wonder how much people are willing to pay for something like that. I am not interested, but out of curiosity I will gladly find out, if you don't mind ;-)

ingManiac wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:54 pm I want to build a dining table.
This is too simple, there is nothing to learn ;-) I don't know 10 minutes to create table from scratch?

ingManiac wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:54 pm I have two adittional plates that should slide out of the sides and go up and turn 90 degrees to extend the table.
This is interesting part, so this might be some kind of challenge. But everything depends on details level you need. If you want animated movement mechanism this might be a problem.

I would make such movie for free at youtube, because the resizable table sound nice to me, but maybe someone needs bread, I will not take his job ;-) so anyone to teach Assembly? A2P ? and Master Sketch driven parametric table for a month? ;-)

Thanks
Darek
github.com/dprojects

workbench for woodworking is available at: github.com/dprojects/Woodworking