FemByGen Workbench - Parametric FEM Analysis

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

Kunda1
Veteran

Re: FemByGen Workbench - Parametric FEM Analysis

Post by Kunda1 »

Snap related issues should be posted to https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-snap/issues
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
shIxx

Post by shIxx »

serince wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:09 am 1) Topology optimization to the selected case by using https://github.com/calculix/beso
What a coincidence, exactly today I wanted to write in this thread https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=15460 how it now goes on with FandaL's beso macro and if it can be integrated into the FEM WB? Because although he says it is experimental, it still works very well and I could save a lot of material and printing time. Maybe you can get together with FandaL and make something great.
serince

Update and New Features

Post by serince »

Hello FreeCAD Community,

I come to you with an exciting update. With version 2, we added to FEMbyGEN, we introduced a range of significant features. Here are some key points:

DOE Methods:
  • Taguchi
    Latin Hypercube
    Box Benkhen
    Full Factorial
    Plackett-Burman
    Central Composite
Topology Optimization (fandal's Beso) implemented to fembygen :
Utilizing the weight reduction method, you can enter material, the domain to be preserved, weight reduction percentage, and mesh smoothing value in a single interface and start optimization with a single click.

Generative Design:
Optimized to suggest a design idea when there is no design yet, and only a few obstacles or preserved geometries are defined. It will also work directly with the topology based on the boundary conditions you input, providing geometry suggestions.

Your feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
ebrahim raeyat

Post by ebrahim raeyat »

Hello and many thanks for your exciting work.
I am civil engineer and want to minimize concrete and rebars of my structure. Can it be used for this purpose?
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

ebrahim raeyat wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:32 am Hello and many thanks for your exciting work.
I am civil engineer and want to minimize concrete and rebars of my structure. Can it be used for this purpose?
There’s a separate built-in functionality for that: Analysis of reinforced concrete with FEM
serince

Post by serince »

Attached a tutorial and starter guide to get you up and running quickly.
starterguide2.pdf
(907.15 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
ebrahim raeyat

Post by ebrahim raeyat »

NewJoker wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:17 am There’s a separate built-in functionality for that: Analysis of reinforced concrete with FEM
Thanks. It is very nice, but I want to know if it works with frame elements like beams and columns, not 3D solid object. because the analysis is time consuming. Thanks again.
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

ebrahim raeyat wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:14 am It is very nice, but I want to know if it works with frame elements like beams and columns, not 3D solid object. because the analysis is time consuming.
Yes, it works with beam elements too.

Beam reinforcement.FCStd
(382.74 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
ebrahim raeyat

Post by ebrahim raeyat »

NewJoker wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:46 am Beam reinforcement.FCStd
Thanks you so much. Is there any document or forum post about this file? I did not find anything. Thanks.