Real-world meetup (Fosdem 2023)

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Real-world meetup (Fosdem 2023)

Post by chrisb »

yorik wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:13 pm My favorite is number one. Which one do you prefer?
I would like to have a mixture of 1 and 2: Logo above, Text FreeCAD below. To me no. 1 looks too much like "FoFreeCAD".
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jnxd

Post by jnxd »

Hi all.

I plan to arrive in Paris on 31 Jan and make it a 14-day tour of the Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam region around the meetups. Would someone living in or near Paris be willing to accommodate me for the 31st or 12th (I leave early morning on 13th)? This would allow me to make more relaxed plans to and from Brussels, and maybe a bit of sightseeing as time allows. I do not want to make a hotel reservation (at least not yet) because I still don't have a visa and possibly might not even be able to get it in time. I'm OK with a paid arrangement as well so long as I don't have to pay right now.

Thanks in advance,
Ajinkya
My latest (or last) project: B-spline Construction Project.
manos

Post by manos »

yorik wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:13 pm
For thursday night, for who'll be there already, I propose to meet at https://lecirio.be/en for a drink/food/meet

If you think you'll be there, please reach to me so I can estimate the number of people and reserve a table.
I will attend Thursday evening about 22:00
manos

Post by manos »

yorik wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:13 pm

Also I'll print some t-shirts. Tell me if you want to reserve one and the size (S, M, L, XL, XXL). They should cost around 10€ each. For folks who won't be there, I could send you one afterwards, but I need to look at sending costs

My favorite is number one. Which one do you prefer?
I prefer number two. Size is XL.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Official announcement: https://fpa.freecad.org/programs/freecad-day-2023 Please share, tweet, shout ;)
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

FOSDEM is just one month away and the FPA still has grant money available. Any member of the community interested in attending can apply and will likely be approved.

https://fpa.freecad.org/programs/fosdem-travel-grants
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

T-Shirt request.
Please put me down for an XL in design #1
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

BTW Me and @jnxd 's talks at FOSDEM have been refused, mostly because there is only one afternoon for all design-related talks. So basically we have no FreeCAD talk this year :/
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

yorik wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:26 am ...
maybe we should consider together how to make freecad and its possibilities better known in the most effective way
Gruß Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Neemann

https://www.youtube.com/@thomasneemann5 ... ry=freecad
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

In any case, FOSDEM will be fun, and a chance to meet other developers.
Also, the opentoolchain foundation has offered to share their stand with us. Does anyone volunteer to man the stand for a couple of hours? I think we could prepare a couple of demo models, and it would be mostly stay there and reply to people's questions