Breaking assemblies - Correcting my A2+ workflow

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
slessard

Re: Breaking assemblies - Correcting my A2+ workflow

Post by slessard »

Hi Dan-Miel,

Thanks for your videos regarding A2Plus.
That A2Plusmore extension that brings the constraint explorer seems fantastic, however I cannot find it anywhere?
Is it obsolete?
I'm having huge issues with a low-medium complexity assembly involving some aluminium profiles that I need to modify in length, then my assembly explode in conflicts every time I change the length of an imported part.
Your tool would really help!

Any advice on what would be the workflow without this tool to rebuild the constraints?
Thanks!
dan-miel

Re: Breaking assemblies - Correcting my A2+ workflow

Post by dan-miel »

slessard wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:55 pm Any advice on what would be the workflow without this tool to rebuild the constraints?
The A2plusMore add-on stopped working after one of the updates of A2+ so I stopped working on it but some of the tools are now part of A2+.
The two tools I use most for trouble shooting assemblies are A and C. I use B for rebuilding an assembly. When using B I find it best to edit the parts but rebuild only one part at a time, do not rebuild the whole assembly at once. If you are changing the length of a part, change the length, then rebuild the assembly using the standard rebuild button. If you are adding or deleting features try button 2.
Attach the assembly if you want me to take a look at it.
Dan Miel
Attachments
Tools.JPG
Tools.JPG (10.13 KiB) Viewed 577 times