Modeling engine oil bottles and dispenser rack

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
JWorks

Bottles and dispenser rack headed into production

Post by JWorks »

So this and the rack will now be going into production. I'll share the CNC mold making and other production and post production images when I get them. There may be earlier dummies made with 3D printing before we see the production grade bottles in HDPE.

Once we have those I shall link this post to "From FC to the real world" thread.

1-3-4-family.jpg
1-3-4-family.jpg (327.15 KiB) Viewed 1202 times

Moving on...

I've had this curiosity for a few days now. I keep reading messages here from folks that their model is too large to upload when its something like 3MB and has quite a lot of work done in it. The screenshot below shows how huge my files are in comparison. Is this due to all the micro-filleting and other fine features in there? Even if yes, the file sizes for 3 and 4L are still a mystery. Same features, slightly different dimensions. 4L was made first. FC was learned on it and it was rebuilt many times due to the TNP and me still learning about it. 3 and 1L were straight shots.

Evolve_dir_scrnsht.jpg
Evolve_dir_scrnsht.jpg (184.15 KiB) Viewed 1202 times

On the other extreme a mostly finished 10m long fuselage structure and skin is still under 5MB. This is the dreaded constant 3mm skin over multiples of meters of curving structure scenario I mentioned. This means that if I can keep it that way, I have a real chance at the whole airframe done in a single file. Any insights on what's really happening here?

fuse_scrnsht.png
fuse_scrnsht.png (236.49 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
mhalil

Re: Modeling engine oil bottles and dispenser rack

Post by mhalil »

I love it.
Your Model, Texturing and render is awesome.