call for screenshots - By Yorik

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
BartR

Re: call for screenshots - By Yorik

Post by BartR »

jimmihenry wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:46 am
BartR wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:10 am Nice KiCAD objects!

How did you animate the clothes-peg please?
Thank you! :D ... well done ;)

The animation is made in the most basic way possible. It is made out of about eight or ten pictures. Every time i took a screenshot via "Tools-> Save Picture" i altered the position of the upper and lower part. The file itself is made with Gimp...
Ah ok great :D I thought there was something in FreeCAD that exported already the MP4 :lol:
Ok I will use the same and import it in DaVInci ;)

Post by almanegra »

Hello everyone!

Recently I started to learn how to 3d modelling using FreeCAD and this chair is the first major project made by myself. I mean I did not follow any tutorial on how to create this. Probably I did not use all the best practices but in the end it works. It was modeled using assembly 3 workbench.

Now, inspired by @jimmihenry and his clothes-peg I tried to animate it using the same technique and this is the result. Hope you all enjoy it and feel free to share your impressions.
Attachments
wooden folding chair.webp
wooden folding chair.webp (709.81 KiB) Viewed 14149 times
bambuko
Veteran

Post by bambuko »

almanegra wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:42 pm ...It was modeled using assembly 3 workbench...Hope you all enjoy...
Nice indeed - thank you for sharing
I am using Link branch and Assembly3
you can also download ... and try it here
excellent Assembly3 tutorials here
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Maykow wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:53 pm It would be very interesting to add this support to this tool @yorik.
Very good idea! Want to take a stab at it? ;) https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... pe.py#L445 I think the easiest way would be simply to scale the profile (p) around line 484

Congrats for your baby!!
jimmihenry

Post by jimmihenry »

@almanegra First post and strait up a eye- catcher! Nice. A simple animated creation being an inspiration :lol:.

Apropos simple, a female header isn't a complicated device. But once again the beauty of simplicity paired with function, elegant and reliable providing up to 3 ampere current... This is one of the most simple connectors. Even simpler than the "Deans T Plug" what is one of my favourite.
Attachments
Female Header P2.54.webp
Female Header P2.54.webp (125.45 KiB) Viewed 13106 times
almanegra

Post by almanegra »

@jimmihenry Sometimes inspiration comes from the most unexpected places :)

I decided to make a folding table to go with my chair. In this case I improved the way I captured the images to generate the animation. I developed a simple macro that step by step changes the angles of the table legs and tabletop and automatically captures an image. Thus, it was possible to have greater precision in the movements, generating a smoother animation.
Attachments
wooden folding table.webp
wooden folding table.webp (797.07 KiB) Viewed 12508 times
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

almanegra wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:54 am I developed a simple macro
And I would like to see it if possible :)
almanegra

Post by almanegra »

kisolre wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:06 pm
almanegra wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:54 am I developed a simple macro
And I would like to see it if possible :)
Sure here it is!

Just a quick overview: I created two angle constraints called "angulo_tampo" and "angulo_perna" using assembly3 workbench and related them to a spreadsheet. The macro just change these properties on the spreadsheet, update the interface and save an image of every position until the angles reach 0 degrees

Code: Select all

import FreeCAD

x=0
y=0

while App.ActiveDocument.Spreadsheet.angulo_tampo >=0:
	#Gui.runCommand('asm3CmdSolve',0)
	Gui.runCommand('asm3CmdQuickSolve',0)
	App.ActiveDocument.recompute()
	Gui.updateGui()

n = '/home/murthy/Documents/Curso FreeCAD/mesa dobravel 2/anima/' + str(x)
	Gui.activeDocument().activeView().saveImage(n + '.png',1500,750,'White')

if App.ActiveDocument.Spreadsheet.angulo_tampo < 90 and y==0:
		App.ActiveDocument.Spreadsheet.angulo_tampo += 1
	else:
		y=1

if App.ActiveDocument.Spreadsheet.angulo_tampo > 0 and  y==1:
		App.ActiveDocument.Spreadsheet.angulo_tampo -= 1

elif App.ActiveDocument.Spreadsheet.angulo_tampo == 0:
		break

if App.ActiveDocument.Spreadsheet.angulo_perna > 0:
		App.ActiveDocument.Spreadsheet.angulo_perna -= 1

x += 1

jimmihenry

Post by jimmihenry »

Obsession: thoughts (behaviour) that recur and persist uncontrolled... But i just like LEDs, very much :). I made some LEDs in 2019 to be used in
KiCAD. I designed one model in FreeCAD including the foot prints, than generated the colours manual by altering the STEP and the VRML files via
a text editor. And here we are, LEDs in revision III, much nicer than that what KiCADs library offers.

Take a look at some more models at: https://grabcad.com/jimmi.henry-1/models
Attachments
LEDShowroom_III.webp
LEDShowroom_III.webp (337.48 KiB) Viewed 10945 times
Last edited by jimmihenry on Sun May 21, 2023 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jimmihenry

Post by jimmihenry »

... yep ,more LEDs. I went to look some thing up on the internet and came back with a data sheet of a Piranha,
Super Flux LED. (That's how i came up with the Kingbrights LED bars :D). I am not sure but i would like to believe
there are a Piranha and a Super Flux LED, two different LEDs. See first and second image.

Worth mention the appearance of the LED is 100% FreeCAD. FreeCAD can show 3D objects in a way KiCAD does,
it almost looks the same. Check it out and import VRLM files with all the lightning options to FreeCAD.
You can also export VRML using KiCAD and compare the exact same files. Or export VRML from FreeCAD direct,
or via the KiCADStepUpMod. Last option is how i make KiCAD files for electronic projects and librarys.

If you would like to replicate the visualisation of the seen parts, here is a tiny tutorial.

1. Make your own LEDs. (Or download some here: https://grabcad.com/jimmi.henry-1/models)
2. Steal the texture from the "KiCADstepMod" tool if you are interested in the texture file only go to:
https://github.com/easyw/kicadStepUpMod ... s/textures and download the infinite_reflection_blur.png
3. Now it is time to prepare your parts visual presentation like line width, point colour, transparency etc...
4. After you are happy with the appearance of your part go to FreeCAD menu -> View -> Texture mapping
than choose the downloaded infinite_reflection_blur.png via the drop down menu. Tick the Environment box.
5. Choose your option to save a picture or run a script like Marios52 Screen_Wiki macro... Done!

Images below show a Piranha and a Super Flux- RGB LED. In order top to bottom.
Attachments
Piranha RGB LED 640x640.webp
Piranha RGB LED 640x640.webp (892.02 KiB) Viewed 10330 times
Super Flux RGB LED 640x640.webp
Super Flux RGB LED 640x640.webp (918.26 KiB) Viewed 10330 times