Dimension a pitch circle in Tech Draw.

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
user1234
Veteran

Re: Dimension a pitch circle in Tech Draw.

Post by user1234 »

You are not alone with that, like all other companies. In my old company we had at least minimum three version installed. And for that are the Appimages for Linux and for Windows 7ziped or Conda version (i do not know how it is handled on Mac). You can use many versions of FreeCAD without installing it. You only have to care about the config files. But there are, for example on 0.19, very stable. And the worst case is that you have to reset them.

downloads see here --> https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... g/0.19_pre

Greetings
user1234
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

0.19 stable isn't announced yet, so we can wait if somebody fixes this. If not, I don't think it should be show stopper. I remember several versions of Word which could read old files but always got some formatting wrong, and in other areas it happens as well, that after a complete redesign certain things have to be reworked. It must, of course be clearly communicated.

To be sure that this issue is not forgotten, you may create a tracker entry.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
CrashedAgain

Post by CrashedAgain »

How do i do that? Also how/where do I put in a wish list item? I would like to put one in about the diameter dimensioning.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

There is a bug icon in the menu line of the forum, next to the search field. This leads you to the bug tracker. After creating an issue, make sure you place a link here as well (use the bug tag).
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

chrisb wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:11 am There is a bug icon in the menu line of the forum, next to the search field. This leads you to the bug tracker. After creating an issue, make sure you place a link here as well (use the bug tag).
you only see that if you use the FreeCAD style, it's not there in the PHPBB default, but the FreeCAD style is the default for new users of course.
CrashedAgain wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:57 pm I would like to put one in about the diameter dimensioning.
What is wrong with diameter dimensioning? By the way, it has been upgraded in 0.19, now has ISO and another standard display property.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I was puzzled as well, but it's rather not about dimensioning circles, but about creating cosmetic arcs and circles. If the existing macro is extended to arcs though I could very well live with that.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

chrisb wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:12 pm I was puzzled as well, but it's rather not about dimensioning circles, but about creating cosmetic arcs and circles. If the existing macro is extended to arcs though I could very well live with that.
Oh right yeah, got it, he talking about a feature request of a cosmetic circle/arc which would be great for PCD (Pitch Circle Diamter) display as per the original question. :)

I was thinking of the diameter dimension tool.
CrashedAgain

Post by CrashedAgain »

Actually what I want to put in as a wish item is providing a preferences option to suppress the second arrowhead if there is no internal extension lines when dimensioning a circle.
It's a different post ("Arrowheads on diameters" under the TechDraw topic below) and I shouldn't have mentioned it here.
Wasn't thinking. Sorry.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

CrashedAgain wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:40 pm Actually what I want to put in as a wish item is providing a preferences option to suppress the second arrowhead if there is no internal extension lines when dimensioning a circle.
It's a different post ("Arrowheads on diameters" under the TechDraw topic below) and I shouldn't have mentioned it here.
Wasn't thinking. Sorry.
No worries, but check 0.19 first, I think what you want is already there. See the rendering extent property?
CrashedAgain

Post by CrashedAgain »

Yes, it can be done but at present must be done manually fir each individual dimension. I would like to see it as a preference option. In the other post someone suggested making a macro but not everyone has the skill to do that.