Screen_Wiki macro

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
youri

Screen_Wiki macro

Post by youri »

Hi,
I Installed Screen_Wiki macro (2-day old) under Freecad 0.19 and I'm wondering how to save my configuration.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.22474 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: a44f8ffd427fa9b23b1f00dbf62d66cd152cd774
Python version: 3.8.5
Qt version: 5.12.6
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: French/France (fr_FR)

Help very much appreciated. TIA
mario52
Veteran

Re: Screen_Wiki macro

Post by mario52 »

hi

cette macro Macro_Screen_Wiki ?

there is no configuration; just choose the dimensions and click, where is your difficulty of use ?

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.22474 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: a44f8ffd427fa9b23b1f00dbf62d66cd152cd774
Python version: 3.6.8
Qt version: 5.12.1
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: French/Mars (fr_MA)

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
youri

Post by youri »

merci Mario,
et merci également pour cette macro qui facilite grandement l'exportation des vues sur un fond adapté.

En fait, je viens de la découvrir et je voudrais simplement sauver la résolution de l'image à 1600x800 et sa couleur de fond de manière à les retrouver par défaut à chaque lancement.
Dans le dossier Macros il y a bien Screen_Wiki_Config.cfg mais il ne contient que le chemin de la dernière image créée. Je pensais qu'il était destiné à enregistrer plus d'infos.
A défaut, dans une future mise à jour de la macro, serait-il possible de pouvoir déclarer les paramètres par défaut en tête de la macro ? Un petit coup de notepad et hop, c'est sauvé!
J'ai cherché un peu mais je ne connais rien en Python et c'est très difficile pour moi.
Remerciements
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi

no not config for the moment the "Screen_Wiki_Config.cfg" save only the latest path used

and what background color (c'est la langue à la mode dans le forum Anglais)

et quelle couleur de fond ? et autres paramètres

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi

what background color do you want ?

quelle couleur de fond désirez vous ?

mario
youri

Post by youri »

Thanks a lot Mario for your good willing regarding help provision.
Sorry for the French language, I didn't even noticed it.

I'll be patiently waiting for the configuration saving. That said, with my 16x9 screen, the 3D view size is roughly 1400x600. So this value as default would suit all my needs. Concerning the background default color: a light grey 242,242,242 would be perfect.

Thanks again and have a nice day.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi

Testing this in open

1400 x 600

click Radio button "Color" and "Couleurs personnalisées" the first white color is ##f2f2f2 en hexadecimal correspond a 242, 242, 242

Screen_Wiki_NON_OFFICIAL_VERSION_03-10-2020.zip
(17.5 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
EDIT: 26/09/2020 21h28 Paris
New version Non_Official

EDIT: 03/10/2020 13h18 Paris
New version Non_Official

PS: j'ai ajouté à cette macro une procédure (prototype) pour détecter une nouvelle version de la macro dès qu'elle sera disponible, vous serez averti par une petite fenêtre (et vous me direz si ça a bien fonctionné bien sûr)
j'en ai une autre qui fait l'installation de la mise à jour automatiquement mais ... j’attends

Dans la macro j'ai ajouter des balises

Code: Select all

#### ajout
où j'ai fait les modifications pour vos besoins, vous pourrez ainsi ajouter d'autres paramètres en attendant la mise à jour officielle

mario
Last edited by mario52 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
youri

Post by youri »

Outstanding !
Thanks a lot for your diligence and kindness for adapting this macro for my proper use.
I ckecked it, it works perfectly. Pretty easy to follow where you made the mods but I'm not skilled enough to make any modification on my own.

A suggestion to allow to maximize the working space in the official next version: to reduce the size of the macro window to a small one containing only 2 buttons: "save image" plus a new one: "normal size window".
Please, note that it's perfect for me at the moment and the suggestion isn't a request !
regards and thanks again
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi

i tray the new version above i adding minimise button

PS:dites moi quoi

mario
youri

Post by youri »

Hi again, you're quicker than Lucky Luke :-)
The result is promising.
In my opinion, when minimized, since the window is floating it should lodge anywhere on the screen especially in a zone where there's nothing useful, i.e. either in the status bar or in the top of the screen: Freecad window title bar + menu bar, at the end of the menus. Just 2 or 3 butons: Save image, maximise and follow. An absence of title when reduced would save some more room for the buttons. The smaller, the better.
To quit the macro: 2 options: maximise to give access to the quit button or closing it in the task bar. The purpose being to have access only to the action buttons.
Please note that I'm on a PC running Windows, I've no idea how freecad looks on a Mac or under Linux. So the above are just ideas.
Regards
PS The new notification function didn't work with the macro update. Perhaps because it isn't official yet.