GSoC 2020

Contributions from the participants, questions and answers to their projects.
Discussions of proposals for upcoming events.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Suraj Dadral

GSoC 2020

Post by Suraj Dadral »

Hello everyone,

I want to contribute to FreeCAD during GSoC 2020. I am trying to find the project to start contributing, but the idea list provided here is updated previous year.
Is this project idea list is still valid?

The list available here also has three projects listed.

Is there any new list available which I have missed?

Thanks in advance for your guidance,
saso
Veteran

Re: GSoC 2020

Post by saso »

There is a topic https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39384 and in general, students could also suggest their own ideas, but would have to discuss and agree on it with the community and find mentors...
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

you worked on the reinforcement last year, right? here are just two ideas:

- maybe you could continue the work on reinforcement if you still have some interest on that and think that you could improve it further...

- on a similar topic of structural design, there is this project OSDAG https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40544 , it is about steel structures and connections... maybe it would be possible and interesting if it could be integrated in to FreeCAD as a workbench (specially if the original developers would also have interest for this) and make it a bit more international (it is a bit more specific to Indian standards at the moment)...
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

saso wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:36 am you worked on the reinforcement last year, right? here are just two ideas:

- maybe you could continue the work on reinforcement if you still have some interest on that and think that you could improve it further...
I am also thinking about that and have keen interest to improve it further.
There are also new changes and enhancements suggested by my civil engineer friends and also by community members here.
And there are few features left in previous project due to time constraints. I would like to implement that also.
I will describe that features in next post.

Thanks,