FreeCAD and Raspberry Pi 4

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
KlausTrophob

Re: FreeCAD and Raspberry Pi 4

Post by KlausTrophob »

but remember, except Draft WB which crashs with illegal instruction. So, to fix this you have to backport libcoin-dev from Debian testing (Bookworm) to Debian Stable (Bullseye):
Is this still necessary ?

I want to build FreeCAD >=0.20 for my PI Educational image but don´t really want to mess with the Bookworm repository - nevertheless I like the hack ;)
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

[issue][/issue]
KlausTrophob wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:46 am Is this still necessary ?
Well, I assume it is, you should try and see. You can just built it with native Bullseye lib, if it still fails then you can backport the lib or not, it's up to you ;-)
JFYI I have no trouble on Bullseye since I had backport this lib. I don't build extensively so many struffs on RPIOS though, only Vulkan driver and FreeCAD :-D
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I have split this topic on members request.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

chrisb wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:13 pm I have split this topic on members request.
this topic is about NavCube graphic issue (when NavCube is fully black), if ones want more informations to fix this issue: see viewtopic.php?t=76438&start=10#p678558

Edit 2023-04-29: issue fixed here: viewtopic.php?t=76438&start=30#p678669
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

Just for information, thanks to @adrianinsaval AppImage weekly build is now available for aarch64 architectures, namely Raspberry PI4 with RPIOS64B for eg. :D
So that you can try the very last developpement release of FreeCAD with no need to compile it.

You can download the FreeCAD aarch64 AppImage here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... kly-builds
For more details see this thread: viewtopic.php?t=79613
Still some crashs time to time on segfault issue, not a big deal, with a bit of patience and tenacity you can design simple parts or quite complex ones.

Enjoy FreeCAD on RPI4! :D
papy

Post by papy »

Hi,
Thanks @-alex-
HendriXXX

Re: FreeCAD on Raspberry Pi 5 8GB with Ubuntu 64bit (Topic will start when RPi 5 is in ;-)

Post by HendriXXX »

I just tried Freecad (appimage) with my rpi4, which had overclocked to 1,9ghz/750mhz and it was all good in basic modeling. Models was same quite basic parts, which i have been training with inventor and solidworks too. I was actually very suprised how smooth it was to use. What a cool little machine!