GD&T Workbench for FreeCAD

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Cuq

Re: GD&T Workbench for FreeCAD

Post by Cuq »

Hello,

This workbench seams to be no more compatible with FreeCad 0.19
Is it sheduled to update the source code to be used in the latest release of FreeCad ?

Best regards,

Cuq
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Sorry, it is currently maintainer-less. I don't think it worked for v0.18 either.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
cadcam

Post by cadcam »

Not being a very good Python programmer I have only hacked at it, but using 2to3, + a few manual tweaks, I did
manage to get the wb to start, icons displayed and planes selectable etc using the Link3 branch, a week or so ago.
I then ran into some issues which I haven't had time, or possibly the expertise, to track down. Is there anyone else
interested in seeing if things can be made to work?

Regards
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Throw your changes up on a repo so we can look at them. Maybe others will jump in?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Tek3D

Post by Tek3D »

Adding GD&T symbols to a 3D model is an interesting concept, but not one that most vendors are using (not the ones I use at least). Does it make sense to add these tools to the tech draw workbench? So the tolerances can be added to a drawing.
Tek3D

Post by Tek3D »

Very nice, I just assumed tech draw didn't have it since there is a GD&T workbench. My next question then, would anyone actually use the GD&T workbench if tech draw already has it? I wouldn't, I would just use tech draw.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

I’m interested in bringing this to life. I’m a novice programmer and have 1 to 2 half days a week to devote to this, so will take some time. Currently researching MBD to get a general sense of what the goal is/should be, what the landscape is etc.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

Pongo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:57 pm I’m interested in bringing this to life. I’m a novice programmer and have 1 to 2 half days a week to devote to this, so will take some time. Currently researching MBD to get a general sense of what the goal is/should be, what the landscape is etc.
Great to hear.
Please contact @wandererfan , our TechDraw maintainer to coordinate the work.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

But MBD removes the need for TechDraw, what would need coordinating? Well I guess some people might still prefer to use TechDraw, but I'm a bit stumped as to why these two would need to be coordinated?