Translations of external workbenches from outside Crowdin.

Discuss here everything concerning translations. This includes the wiki as well as the help system and the crowdin translations of FreeCAD itself.
david69
Veteran

Re: Translations of external workbenches from outside Crowdin.

Post by david69 »

+1 to see these wb on Crowdin. thank you.
kaktus, you know that I don't want to put my fingers into github.
hasecilu

Post by hasecilu »

FBXL5 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:37 pm That would be cool. Don't forget Assembly 3
I checked the repo and it seems there is just a small number of strings marked for translation and did not found the script to updates translations, I could attempt to finish the translation but probably like in 3/4 weeks
FBXL5

Post by FBXL5 »

hasecilu wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:09 pm I could attempt to finish the translation but probably like in 3/4 weeks
Cool! 8-)
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

@FBXL5
Wait a while longer to work on Movie.
We haven't finished testing yet.

We'll let the community know when it's done.
Twórca polskiej wersji Wiki dla FreeCAD, współwórca polskiej wersji GUI.
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

hasecilu wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:09 pm ...
I checked the repo and it seems there is just a small number of strings marked for translation and did not found the script to updates translations, I could attempt to finish the translation but probably like in 3/4 weeks
If you need help with translation testing and Crowdin implementation let me know. ;)
No less "in a while" we will have full-fledged assemblies in mainline FreeCAD.
Not a waste of energy on A3 :?:
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
hasecilu

Post by hasecilu »

kaktus wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:37 pm If you need help with translation testing and Crowdin implementation let me know. ;)
Does the Crowdin API have some way to get authors info when pulling?
For example, when KiCad pulls translation from Weblate it creates a single commmit per change per language where it includes the translator as commiter and also includes progress data "Currently translated at 91.8% (8399 of 9147 strings)".

An option could be reword the commit message to include this info.

For translators could be added, as many lines of co-authors can be added

Code: Select all

Co-authored-by: Translator Name <name@foo.bar>
Ideally this should be automated but maintainer could do it, but in that case is one more task for maintainers...
kaktus wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:37 pm No less "in a while" we will have full-fledged assemblies in mainline FreeCAD.
Not a waste of energy on A3 :?:
I think all assembly WB should share terminology to avoid grammar inconsistencies, even with the new A WB some projects still would need support from older WB so I think eventually translation should arrive there.
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

I do not yet have tek extensive knowledge of Crowdin and its infinite possibilities. :roll:
So I will neither confirm nor deny your questions.
However, I can imagine it. ;)

In fact, I will ask the question that came to mind.
What is the reason that you care to publish such detailed information about the translators :?:
You would practically have to get permission from everyone to do so and preferably in writing.

I asked about the A3 translation for one reason.
I talked for a while with the guys from the Polish translation team about supporting the translation for the A3 Wiki. No one was willing everyone said that in a while there will be a new workbench ....
I there have nothing against it ... but time is lacking.
FBXL5

Post by FBXL5 »

kaktus wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:21 pm Wait a while longer to work on Movie.
We haven't finished testing yet.
Ooops, I should have read this earlier. :roll:
kaktus wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:10 pm I asked about the A3 translation for one reason.
I talked for a while with the guys from the Polish translation team about supporting the translation for the A3 Wiki. No one was willing everyone said that in a while there will be a new workbench ....
The new Assemly WB is not useable yet and no one can say how long it takes to finish it, or if it works as well as ASM3 does now.
Why not translating ASM3 in the meantime, and collect the the correct terms for certain features that can later be copied for the final new Assembly WB.
F_Rosa

Post by F_Rosa »

kaktus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:45 pm Hello.
:mrgreen:

Work is underway to prepare translations for the Movie workbench.
At the same time, the first string import was made to the FreeCAD-addons repository for the test.

I encourage you to review. At the same time, he informs that this is a very early version (let's call it Beta) and may get many changes in the near future.

:ugeek:
Hey guys,

Thanks @kaktus ! I would like to announce that the Movie Workbench is already prepared to receive translations. The Movie.ts source file is also available on Crowding for translations.

Thanks!
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

I'm glad I could assist you with the rollout.

Translations can be prepared in the FreeCAD-addons repository:
https://crowdin.com/project/freecad-addons