The FreeCAD Project Association seeks interested parties to apply for a contractor position to manage the FreeCAD bug tracker. The tracker is currently hosted on GitHub at https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/issues (with several related trackers at various sub-projects such as https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-homepage/issues and https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Addons/issues).
The management duties include:
- Ensuring that every new bug submitted is examined for relevance to the project and possible duplication.
- Ensuring that feature requests are rephrased as issues to be addressed (and if they cannot be, then that they are closed).
- Contacting the author of each new bug to follow up on their report, requesting any additional information needed.
- Determining the severity of each new bug, and working with the Maintainers and Developers to address those as needed.
- Tagging bugs as needed.
- Working through the backlog of bugs (currently approximately 1200) to determine their continued relevance, applying the above workflow to each of them in turn. The ultimate goal is to examine all open bugs during the first year of this project, bringing them in line with current development and bug-handling practice.
- Providing simple weekly statistics to the author of the WIP Wednesday posts on the FreeCAD Blog
The FPA and/or the contractor may terminate this agreement at any time, and it will automatically terminate after one year unless it is explicitly renewed by both parties.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.