Google Summer of Code 2023 - Coding! Up to July 10th

Contributions from the participants, questions and answers to their projects.
Discussions of proposals for upcoming events.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sliptonic
Veteran

Re: Google Summer of Code 2023 - Community bonding period up to May 28th

Post by sliptonic »

At this point, it works for me. Throw it on the calendar?
gauriimaheshwarii

Post by gauriimaheshwarii »

yorik wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:11 am
chennes wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:18 pm @a.paritosh and I meet on Tuesdays at 1600UTC, so sometime around there is at least compatible with both of our timezones, if you want to schedule a full-group meetup.
That would be perfect for me...
@gauriimaheshwarii, @kkremitzki, @tanahy, @sliptonic, @hlorus, @wandererfan (and anybody else interested), would that work for you?
The proposed time works for me.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Ok then it's set up! Tuesday may 23rd (tomorrow), at 16h00 UTC at https://meet.jit.si/freecad-gsoc . The FreeCAD calendar is updated. See you there!
Blacklight

Post by Blacklight »

Here's my project log: viewtopic.php?t=78702

I couldn't come in time for the bonding period due to a lot of stuff, but I'll still like to go in the same spirit.
Keep calm, and be nice to everyone!
yorik
Founder

Re: Google Summer of Code 2023 - Coding! Up to July 10th

Post by yorik »

Coding has officially begun!

We had a very cool meeting last week with all students and mentors, and I think everybody is well on board and motivated. I think this will be a GSoC to be remembered!

Since yesterday, students have officially entered coding time. This will last up to July 10th, where there will be a first evaluation. Good luck to everybody! Be sure to post often on your individual threads, and don't hesitate to ask for feedback and ideas whenever you feel the need for it!
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Hi all!

We are now about half-way through our first coding period. Some of you have already produced an impressive amount of work, some others have shown less results so far. There is nothing wrong here, some projects yield immediate output, others require more thinking and planning, and we are still early on schedule. However, I think this is a good opportunity to make a status report, and each of you explain a bit where you are on your schedule, what you have done during the last 3 weeks, what is giving you difficulties, if your views over your project have changed, etc.

@gauriimaheshwarii, @tanahy, @a.paritosh, @hlorus, could you each post a brief report on your respective thread? It does not need to be big, just a few lines, to keep us updated!

Thanks!
tanahy

Post by tanahy »

Sure thing! Sadly these first weeks I have been either ill or in conferences so this week is my very first "proper" work week in June. I will update my project thread as soon as I have something relevant to say, but sadly my output at the moment is negligible.

I hope to come up with some results in the following days, sorry for the vagueness of my reply but I hope to turn this around very soon.
a.paritosh

Post by a.paritosh »

yorik wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:43 am However, I think this is a good opportunity to make a status report, and each of you explain a bit where you are on your schedule, what you have done during the last 3 weeks, what is giving you difficulties, if your views over your project have changed, etc.
Here is my report.

@yorik
Amulya Paritosh
GSoC 2023
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Thanks @tanahy and @a.paritosh ! I already saw github activity of gauri and hlorus too.

What about another video meeting in a week or two, before the July 10th deadline? So we can all check on progresses and where everybody is before the deadline, and if needed help those who need it to complete that first coding stretch. What about July 5th, about the same time as last time? 16h00 UTC? Would that suit you all?