Screen_Wiki macro

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mario52
Veteran

Re: Screen_Wiki macro

Post by mario52 »

hi
youri wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:34 pm Perhaps because it isn't official yet.
yes the test is based on comparison : version+date macro and version+date page wiki
youri wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:34 pm 2 options
for the official version

PS:vous serez averti par la macro dés son lancement (normalement)

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
youri

Post by youri »

Hi Mario,
I'm currently swapping between several programs and I'd like to come back to the reduced window. I found that the screen_wiki macro window, even reduced as already proposed, is quite annoying and should be improved.
My Internet browser window's top is full! [img]D:\My_Vault\!CAD\FreeCad\! Projects\Motor connection box cover\2020-09-28_151409.png[/img] and in most programs the menu bar is populated as well.

Of course, I may reduce it to the task bar but, I'd suggest to automatically do it or hide it when Freecad looses the focus, eventually restoring its position when the Freecad's main window is back.

Another suggestion concerns the file name, letting the option to add or not the extra file numbering. For instance, when I save a screen, the macro asks a file name for the first picture and saves it as "filename_000.jpg". If I want to save another picture with a different name, it saves it as "filename2_000".jpg. This numbering is necessary only in case the Follow button is depressed and the filename kept but probably not in the other cases.

Let assume that I saved a series of pictures under a common name then another one under a different name and that I want then to continue the previous picture series. There's no way to continue it since the extra numbering beginning by _000 is added to the last picture of the series

Now, and I think that's a bug and I don't know if this is the right place to report it: I want to replace an existing file by an updated one. When I select the file to be replaced on the explorer's window, a box opens asking the confirmation to overwrite the existing file. If the answer is Yes, the file isn't overwritten but a new one is added instead ("filename_000_000.jpg for instance), with the additional extra numbering at the end of its name.

I don't see anything more that might be enhanced at the moment but I didn't check the rotation options yet.
kind regards
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi

ok i work on it

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
youri

Post by youri »

Thank you, I keep looking at the forum.
Regards
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi

try the version https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 57#p434134

(i work for the dockWidget ... little problem !!! )

mario
jimmihenry

Post by jimmihenry »

@mario52 I know i am late to the discussion. Well i have 2 problems:

1. I like this macro very much and can not let go of it! :D
2. Screen Macro Setting "Rotation on: 3D". Object does not stay at it s original place...

First image is sliced all following images are raised in Z height.

This is my system

Code: Select all

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.2.29603 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-20
Hash: 930dd9a76203a3260b1e6256c70c1c3cad8c5cb8
Python 3.8.10, Qt 5.15.2, Coin 4.0.1, Vtk 8.2.0, OCC 7.6.3
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
Installed mods: 
  * Curves 0.6.9
  * fasteners 0.4.56
  * freecad.gears 1.0.0
  * kicadStepUpMod 10.19.4
  * Manipulator 1.5.0
  * sheetmetal 0.2.63
Screen Wiki version__ = "00.05"
Attachments
Macro set up for 3D view rotation.
Macro set up for 3D view rotation.
Macro settings.webp (50.95 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
3D view for animation.
3D view for animation.
main.png (38.18 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
Animation set up "Rotation on 3D".
Animation set up "Rotation on 3D".
Animation.webp (124.33 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi
jimmihenry wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:54 pm I know i am late to the discussion.
no this is the good place
jimmihenry wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:54 pm Object does not stay at it s original place...
yes the xyz point 0 is centered on center screen and if you led is 10 mm over this point (and rotate -10 below) , the led is moved with the screen

the rotation is made in the center of the screen (here the screen is the master ... not the object) you must testing different zoom

and after , the screen return in the original position orientation

a contrario of the Object , this is rotated in the center of mass in his placement
jimmihenry wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:54 pm I like this macro very much and can not let go of it! :D
mmm thanks, i have one other similar macro

if you have any other questions let me know

mario
jimmihenry

Post by jimmihenry »

Thank you for your respond... It would be awesome if this jumping issue could be resolved. I need exactly this position on my screen. And the "Macro Rotate To Point" does not save images for a animation, if it does i don't know how to use it.

Screen_Wiki is really really good! The "jumping" is not an issue if Macro is set up to Rotation on object. As a work around i have to make a compund to avoid jumping.
Further more in many of my use cases it would beneficial to to type in the rotation angle by hand like 13,1758°. I could also imagine to make a dedicated sketch with a line used as a rotation axis..

No idea if some of my ideas could be easy implemented but solving the jumping issue would be awesome...

Cheers.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi @jimmihenry

just for my info try : check 3D View select your object and uncheck the "Original position" , tell me

(if not object selected the screen is centered , i forgot)
jimmihenry wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:12 pm rotation angle by hand like 13,1758°
no the macro round the value to degrees , you want work with decimal value ?

mario
jimmihenry

Post by jimmihenry »

Hey @mario52 I already did check and uncheck the "Original position" but it did nothing. Yes a decimal value would come in handy. Every now and than you would need a odd number of pictures, like 25. This would result 14.4°. Mostly a number of pictures is key...