Elmer FEM not working in weekly AppImage

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
StephanT

Elmer FEM not working in weekly AppImage

Post by StephanT »

Good morning,

I really like using FreeCAD, it is a great program. Recently, I got interested in using the Elmer FEM integration into FreeCAD. The current stable version I am using is 20.2 and there everything works great and stable. However, quite some features of Elmer are missing. So, I tried the weekly build Linux AppImage version 21.0 (from https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... kly-builds). It starts and offers in principle the features I want, but I cannot finish successfully a single FEM run, it simply says that no output file was created without any other hint. I tried many things and I cannot get it working. All input files are written correctly and using the files to run Elmer from command line is successful and creates the correct output.
Now, I doubt that it might be the AppImage, so I tried to build FreeCAD from source, which I managed to do. However, no matter where I tried to get the source code from (github master or github weekly builds), it always compiles to version 20.2 but not to 21.0.

So, I have two question: Can anyone help me with this issue and where can I find the source code for the current weekly build?

Thanks in advance,
Stephan
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Elmer FEM not working in weekly AppImage

Post by adrianinsaval »

StephanT

Post by StephanT »

Mhm, I know. But if I build it from there it gives me last stable version 20.2 but not developer version 21.0 which I would like... At least that is what it says in the title of the window.
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

StephanT

Post by StephanT »

Thanks for answering, however, I saw the wiki page, that is how I got the source to compile successfully. However, still my source is for ver. 20.2, where can I find source for ver 21.0? Has anyone a clue?
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

StephanT wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:32 pm Thanks for answering, however, I saw the wiki page, that is how I got the source to compile successfully. However, still my source is for ver. 20.2, where can I find source for ver 21.0? Has anyone a clue?
The github source referenced above is 100% the latest master version of 0.21.

Guaranteed.

The real question is why your procedure is pulling an incorrect version identifier.

Gene