Aston Martin DB11 (WIP)

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
david69
Veteran

Re: Aston Martin DB11 (WIP)

Post by david69 »

easyw-fc wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:28 pm
mhalil wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:08 pmAlmost done
what about this contest?
0.21 splashscreen contest
viewtopic.php?t=78085&start=30
I think your project could be in 😃👍
+1
playing with curves seems not easy and you did a great job. if FreeCAD can offer such results, it's already a great step.

@mhalil propose to the contest, you have nothing to loose.
mhalil

Post by mhalil »

easyw-fc wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:17 pm @mhalil
I think FreeCAD would need some nice job in curves like your...
anyway, thanks for sharings this
Thanks
mhalil

Post by mhalil »

Bernard19 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:39 pm @mhalil
where is it possible to obtain the plan of this magnificent car or other models?
Very nice job
Thanks
You can find thousands blueprint in this web page;
https://www.the-blueprints.com/
mhalil

Post by mhalil »

david69 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:24 pm +1
playing with curves seems not easy and you did a great job. if FreeCAD can offer such results, it's already a great step.

@mhalil propose to the contest, you have nothing to loose.
Thanks.
I'll try to add a few splash screens tomorrow :)
Attachments
04.png
04.png (713.29 KiB) Viewed 1920 times
03.png
03.png (688.83 KiB) Viewed 1920 times
02.png
02.png (632.36 KiB) Viewed 1920 times
01.png
01.png (616.07 KiB) Viewed 1920 times
Last edited by mhalil on Mon May 22, 2023 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mhalil

Post by mhalil »

I finally finished the car model.
It was a long modeling work for me.
I know that I have many shortcomings and mistakes , but you know this is my first car model with FreeCAD.
Not bad for a first model/try, what do you think? :)
Attachments
04.png
04.png (232.12 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
03.png
03.png (278.05 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
02.png
02.png (268.02 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
01.png
01.png (266.82 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

the mesh ones are excellent: we see the curve work and the mesh result.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Very impressive, thanks for sharing!
Would you mind sharing the main issues and how you solved them?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
mhalil

Post by mhalil »

Thanks all.
I will sharing the main issues and how i solved them soon :)
(I edited the colors with GIMP)
Attachments
04.png
04.png (724.62 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
03.png
03.png (186.4 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
02.png
02.png (264.72 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
01.png
01.png (185.35 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
mhalil

Post by mhalil »

Last pictures...
Attachments
02.png
02.png (465.94 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
01.png
01.png (953.52 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
mhalil

Post by mhalil »

chrisb wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:23 pm Very impressive, thanks for sharing!
Would you mind sharing the main issues and how you solved them?
Hi,
I would like to share the topics that I had difficulty during vehicle modeling using Curves WB commands.
Since my English is not enough, I compose the text using Translate.

While the reference images (blueprint views) are visible (active) in the scene, when I move and click the curve points on the image, the point does not stay fixed. I need to move the cursor outside the reference image, which changes the position of the point and the form of the curve

When "FreeHand BSpline" is added to the scene, the default line color is black. If there is a Blueprint in the scene, the curve being black prevents the curve from being noticed. Changing the line color and thickness from the properties panel every time is very time consuming. There must be a way to change the default curve color and thickness. Or a random color should be assigned each time curves are created. (sample image 01.png)

Sometimes I have a hard time choosing the endpoints of the curves. The point is not colored and is not selected even though the cursor is at the end of the curve. Especially choosing the junction point of the two curves is challenging for me. For the solution, if the reference images are visible, I hide them or hide the surfaces I have created. Sometimes turning the scene and changing the point of view is also a solution.

While moving the control points of the curve, (accidentally) pressing the middle mouse button loses control, the point position changes and the structure of the curve is distorted.

I have trouble imagining the parts of the part I am trying to model that are not shown in the blueprint (for example, the border of the part shown in yellow in the 02.png image is not shown in the front, back, or top view).

The most difficult part during modeling is the part where the side and rear parts of the vehicles are made up of a single piece. (for example, the part shown in green in the 02. png image) I think I should not model such a large and complex structure as a single piece, but take it apart.

I create surfaces that I cannot create with the "Gordon Surface" command, with the "Filling..." or "Fill boundary curves" (Surface WB) commands. When I try to create a surface with the "Filling..." or "Fill boundary curves" (Surface WB) commands by selecting the parts that I have separated with Split Curve (Curves WB), I cannot get the surface I want because although I select the split curve part, it is not a part of the curve, but the whole is selected. To solve this problem, I create new curves with the "Join Curves" command by selecting the parts I separated with the split curve.

When I try to undo the control points of Curves with CTRL+Z while in edit mode, the undo does not happen. When I exit edit mode and do CTRL+Z, my previous curve operation is undone. This is not something I want.

My Original Message:

Code: Select all

Orijinal Mesajım:

FreeCAD Curves WB ile modelleme esnasına zorlandığım konular;

Referans resimler (blueprint görünümleri) sahnede görünür iken (aktifken), resmin üzerindeki eğri noktalarını hareket ettirip tıkladığımda, nokta sabit kalmıyor. İmleci referans resmin dışına taşımam gerekiyor, bu da noktanın  konumunu ve eğrinin formunu değiştiriyor

Sanhneye "FreeHand BSpline" eklendiğinde, varsayılan çizgi rengi siyah oluyor. Sahnede Blueprint varsa, eğrinin siyah renkli olması, eğrinin farkedilmesini engelliyor. Her seferinde çizgi rengi ve kalınlığını, özellikler panelinden değiştirmek oldukça vakit kaybettiriyor. Varsayılan eğri rengi ve kalınlığını değiştirmenin bir yolu olmalı. Ya da eğriler  her oluşturulduğunda rastgele renk atanmalı. (örnek görüntü 01.png)

Bazen, eğrilerin uç noktalarını seçmekte zorlanıyorum. İmleç eğrinin ucuna gelse de nokta renklenmiyor ve seçilmiyor. Özellikle iki eğrinin birleşim noktasını seçmek beni zorluyor. Çözüm için referans resimleri görünür ise gizliyorum ya da oluşturmuş olduğum yüzeyleri gizliyorum. Bazen sahneyi çevirmek, bakış açısını değiştirmek te çözüm oluyor.

Eğriye ait kontrol noktalarını hareket ettirirken, (yanlışlıkla) farenin orta tuşuna basılınca kontrol kayboluyor, nokta konumu değişiyor ve eğrinin yapısı bozuluyor.

Modellemeye çalıştığım parçanın, blueprint içinde gösterilmeyen kısımlarını hayal etmekte zorlanıyorum (örneğin 02.png resimde sarı renk ile gösterilen kısmın sınırı, ön, arka ya da üst görünüşte gösterilmiyor).

Modelleme esnasında en çok zorlandığım kısım, araçların yan ve arka kısımlarının birleşik tek parçadan oluştuğu kısım.  (örneğin 02. png resimde yeşil renk ile gösterilen kısım) Sanıyorum, bu kadar büyük ve karmaşık yapıyı, tek parça olarak modellememeli, parçalara ayırmalıyım.

"Gordon Surface" komutunu ile oluşturamadığım yüzeyleri, "Filling..." ya da "Fill boundary curves" (Surface WB) komutları  ile oluşturuyorum. Split Curve (Curves WB) ile ayırdığım parçaları seçerek, "Filling..." ya da "Fill boundary curves" (Surface WB) komutları  ile yüzey oluşturmaya çalıştığımda, istedğim yüzeyi elde edemiyorum çünkü split curve parçasını seçmeme rağmen eğrinin bir parçası değil, tamamı seçiliyor. Bu sorunu çözmek için split curve ile ayırdığım parçaları seçerek "Join Curves" komutu ile yeni eğriler oluşturuyorum. 

Düzenleme modunda iken CTRL+Z ile Eğrilere ait kontrol noktalarının konumunu geri almaya çalıştığımda, geri alma işlemi gerçekleşmiyor. Düzenleme modundan çıkıp CTRL+Z yaptığımda, önceki eğriye ait yaptığım işlem geri alınıyor. Bu istediğim birşey değil.
Attachments
01.png
01.png (361.33 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (97.95 KiB) Viewed 1030 times