Error when using Snappy Hex Mesh with outlet imposed velocity

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

agar

Error when using Snappy Hex Mesh with outlet imposed velocity

Post by agar »

Hi everyone and thank you in advance.
I'm trying to do a simulation with velocity imposed at outlet and total pressure or pressure imposed at inlet.
When I run the simulation using a mesh created with gmsh it runs perfectly but when i run a simulation with a mesh created with SHM it crashes.
Both meshes look good and check mesh states mesh OK.
Can you help me understand the problem?
Thank you very mush
NewJoker
Veteran

Re: Error when using Snappy Hex Mesh with outlet imposed velocity

Post by NewJoker »

Are there any error messages ? Which release of FreeCAD are you using ? Is CfdOF updated to the newest version ?
agar

Post by agar »

Thank you for your attention.
After your answer i upgraded to last version and made a simpler case: just a tube with an inlet and an outlet. Laminar.
I'm using linux freecad 20 cfdof with openfoam 9

With snappy it returns this error (i've read this kind of error for many diverse reasons using openfoam)
16:34:00 [2] #0 [3] #0 Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&)[0] #0 Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&)[1] #0 Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&)Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&) at ??:?

Wiith gmsh it succesfully finishes the simulation with realistic results. Same cell size.
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

agar wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:40 pm Thank you for your attention.
After your answer i upgraded to last version and made a simpler case: just a tube with an inlet and an outlet. Laminar.
I'm using linux freecad 20 cfdof with openfoam 9

With snappy it returns this error (i've read this kind of error for many diverse reasons using openfoam)
16:34:00 [2] #0 [3] #0 Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&)[0] #0 Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&)[1] #0 Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&)Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&) at ??:?

Wiith gmsh it succesfully finishes the simulation with realistic results. Same cell size.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.