A2plus - Trying to rotate constrained assembly using python script

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
vic_0311

A2plus - Trying to rotate constrained assembly using python script

Post by vic_0311 »

New FreeCAD / A2plus user here.

I am trying to learn the A2plus workbench, and as a starting project I have created a simple assembly consisting of a base with a hole, and a crank which will rotate within said hole. Everything went well, I imported the individual parts into the assembly, and constrained them using a simple circularEdge constraint, I have attached the file for reference.

Now I am trying to create a simple animation by running a python script which will rotate the crank, following the example from the A2plus workbench: https://wiki.freecad.org/A2plus_Workben ... pt_Example. The script is made for the A2p_animated-example.FCStd which can be found on the page, which is a moving star wheel assembly.

I downloaded the script and modified line 14, to crank = document.getObject("Crank_001"), in order to reference the crank found in my assembly, and line 26, to crank.Placement.Rotation.Angle = math.radians(angle). However, when I attempt to run the script, I get the following error in line 26: <class 'AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Placement'.

After doing some research, it seems that this error occurs when python is not able to find the referenced object required to execute the code. I tried renaming the object in my assembly, removing the "_", etc... however I always get the same error. It seems that the script will only work for the assembly attached in the wiki, is there anything I am missing, that I need to modify in order for the code to work with my assembly?

I have attached both my assembly and script I'm trying to use, any help would be greatly appreciated :D
Attachments
Moving Assembly.FCStd
(7.52 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
A2p_animation for moving assembly.py
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 38 times