[done] Developing a spreadsheet based loaf pan

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Developing a spreadsheet based loaf pan

Post by chrisb »

Stop making things invisible in the tree! I will not look at this.
Life is chaotic - so is Ulicad.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

:idea:
Attachments
PainPont_SHALM.FCStd
(110.69 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Capture d’écran 2023-04-01 193442.jpg
Capture d’écran 2023-04-01 193442.jpg (51.18 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
Ulicad

Post by Ulicad »

chrisb wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:32 pm Stop making things invisible in the tree! I will not look at this.
Please forgive, that wasn't intentional :oops: - i just had forgotten this afterwards. There were some other interesting riddles having priority ...

For 'all the rest', I have to see more in detail.

BTW: Nice accompanying message ;)
Regards, Ulicad / Uli
---
en: New FC-user, virgin to previous CAD-work, labouring on his new hobby Ulis Blog
de: Neuer FC-Nutzer, ohne vorhergehende CAD-Erfahrung, beschäftigt mit seinem neuen Hobby Ulis Blog
Ulicad

Post by Ulicad »

Inspite of the formidable help, the culprit could be found - this surprisingly was myself ;)

---> the datum plane originally and purposely was set off by 1mm from the adjacent face of the pan.
This offset was done to avoid leaving a remnant after creating the pockets. It was much too genereous in hindsight..

What was not considered:
The geometry changed by this measure slightly, but way too much to be tolerated and way too little to quickly and safely be noticed afterwards...

The workaround for an unknown problem (remaining remnants): The offset deviation now is set to 0,001mm.
Attachments
point-top-left-now-in-correct-position.png
point-top-left-now-in-correct-position.png (90.91 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
Regards, Ulicad / Uli
---
en: New FC-user, virgin to previous CAD-work, labouring on his new hobby Ulis Blog
de: Neuer FC-Nutzer, ohne vorhergehende CAD-Erfahrung, beschäftigt mit seinem neuen Hobby Ulis Blog
Ulicad

Post by Ulicad »

Hello @all,
only some work could be done in the meantime.
(Pending replies to previous posts are postponed for the step afterwards)

Improved to some degree are:

- labelling

- the spreadsheet (expressions, dependencies)

- the cutout1-sketch (stability against flipping again and dependencies / aliasses)

- 2 pencil-drawings are included for easier follow up, if required

===>>> Before transforming & mirroring, could you please explain, why everyone seems to work with two identical cutouts in the sketch?

This seems to be redundant to me - though it must have reasons which I do not understand...

Would greatly appreciate your help before finalizing most of it!

Regards
Uli

pan.174.png
pan.174.png (100.51 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
Attachments
zko.loafpan.model2.0.base-12.(cutout1-base).174.FCStd
(543.45 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Regards, Ulicad / Uli
---
Ulicad

Post by Ulicad »

Please help for a last step before mirroring the half-pan :!:

(All except the creation of the last set of two cutouts on the 'right' side of the half-pan is to be disregarded.
Most is in progress for reworking.)

After many trials, I still was not able to place the cutouts by using multitransform or similar.
Geometrically speaking, these are mirrors of cutout1and2 on the vertical middle-plane of the half pan.

pan.187.png
pan.187.png (99.76 KiB) Viewed 1191 times

Afterwards, the model is edited allover for a pre-release.

Would be very happy to finalise this now.
Attachments
zko.loafpan.model2.0.base-12.(linearPattern).187.FCStd
(601.51 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Regards, Ulicad / Uli
---
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Ulicad wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:01 pm
chrisb wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:32 pm Stop making things invisible in the tree! I will not look at this.
Please forgive, that wasn't intentional :oops: - i just had forgotten this afterwards.
And why are you doing it AGAIN?
Please be aware that we are helping here for free. The least you can do is being respectful and making things as easy as possible for the helpers.

Life is chaotic - so is Ulicad, and worse
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Ulicad

Post by Ulicad »

chrisb wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:59 pm...
And why are you doing it AGAIN?
chrisb, I really am sorry - what can I say? I very much understand that all of you mods are doing whatever is possible to help.

Was trying really hard to get over the presumably last point and must have forgotten to unhide something. Please understand that this is not a simple task for a beginner like me. Hundreds of things are to be considered...
Regards, Ulicad / Uli
---
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Nobody else forgets to unhide things - probably because nobody else hides things AGAIN when he wants to communicate with others. Why do you do it?
Ulicad

Post by Ulicad »

chrisb wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:21 pm Nobody else forgets to unhide things - probably because nobody else hides things AGAIN when he wants to communicate with others. Why do you do it?
There must be a basic misunderstanding IMO.

Being still extremely clumsy in using FC, I first seached for something hidden.

I could not find anything, which is not clearly visible in the tree AND can not easily be toggled by using the spacebar (being it greyed out or not). This I do not call as 'hidden' for anyone looking at the document.

Putting it the other way round: I can not see how this kind of 'hiding' could be perceived as purposeful to annoy someone else.

What is possible though is:
There IS something hidden which I do not know anymore. Until now this wouldn't have created known problems to me.

Along with the hint in my post of 'disregard everything',
Ulicad wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:12 pm ...(All except the creation of the last set of two cutouts on the 'right' side of the half-pan is to be disregarded.
Most is in progress for reworking.)
I felt it safe to post the document this way.

I may be wrong on this matter. Please let me know how to avoid such a case in future, if this is the case.

Uli
Regards, Ulicad / Uli
---