tool goes up during profile

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: tool goes up during profile

Post by GeneFC »

chrisb wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:55 am That means you don't see any errors on recomputing the file?
I had not tried to convert and use a recent version of FC.

Yes, when I try to convert I see the same errors. My guess is that an "old-style" tool is used, and the conversion function does not handle old tools properly. (Not sure that it is worth the effort to further complicate the conversion. Backward compatibility need go only so far.)

The original conclusion still applies. I do not believe there is any problem in FreeCAD that results in the photo shown in the first post.

Gene
chrisb
Veteran

Re: tool goes up during profile

Post by chrisb »

GeneFC wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:13 pm My guess is that an "old-style" tool is used, and the conversion function does not handle old tools properly.
I agree. I had looked at it yesterday on a tablet and had seen some suspect Z moves in the G-code. Today I saw that they come from the holding tags.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.