Bug - Report in Video

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Imagine

Re: Bug - Report in Video

Post by Imagine »

user1234 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:24 pm This forum is very userfriendly. Generally, the reaction you get here has its cause of action you made here. Or, we reap what we sow.
Your still on about it, you seem a little obsessed with it, when the purpose of that statement was too acquire BUG reporting streamlining. certainality not your forte when you prefer to go around & around in circles
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

Imagine wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:47 am Your still on about it, you seem a little obsessed with it, when the purpose of that statement was too acquire BUG reporting streamlining. certainality not your forte when you prefer to go around & around in circles
And still >10 posts after you have not attached a description, file (except any not related and not 0.20.x or 0.21.x version (for that there is a certain subforum)) and screenshot. There are very good reasons, why a youtube link is not suitable for this (data usage, could be any random FreeCAD version, not understandable due language and/or dialect, .....) and why this is not even mentioned as method in the forum rules.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Imagine wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:22 am I was simply trying to point out that there is no longer a direct link for Bug submissions.
And you failed in doing so when saying instead that the forum was not user friendly.

Concerning OP: you should at least give enough information about the bug to let the users decide if they want to look at it or not. Give the developers more time to develop instead of watching videos.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Imagine

Post by Imagine »

FC FYI
As below there are 2 BUGS Identified in the information below, You can continue to whinge about 'User Friendly' or not I have ID'd and progressed without 'User Friendliness' I wont be back until I find another BUG, Hope the front page is 'User Friendly" then.
Hello Again RT
Yesterday,  two bugs trying to draw Oval gears the way shown in previous files.Draft & Sketches.
FYIToday, I went with 100% Sketches & the required Oval Gear Geometry was achieved without error or apparent BUG, File attached for the purposes of WARNING (I don't believe there is another way to draw Parametric oval gears & the warning is unwarrented.) Main Varriables Diameter & Tooth_Width_Offset.
I will add that the LS3_310123 UI feels unstable, Having the tree & properties next to each other on the left enables quick adjustment, I had to place the properties on the right doubled with the report view, which ment moving across a large enough screen & become a waste of time. Plus the report view was hidden, and that window has the utmost importance on dev software, so it needs to be in view 24/7. 
I am curious to know whether or not FC0.20.2 could achieve this without TPN considering all the sketches are separated?
Also Im running a Intel i9 AND NIVIDIA 2070, & this drawing Bogged those down & was sluggish to regen.OS: Windows 10 Version 2009
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 2023.131.26244 +5365 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: LinkDaily
Hash: 73c4ca254c5de8849d104973482e98399fb24863
Python version: 3.8.10
Qt version: 5.15.2
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.6.2
Locale: English/Australia (en_AU)

Design Community
contact.outsourced@gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTFFPB ... KJBZEhSXBA
Attachments
LS3230131_InvoluteTemplate_01.04.23.FCStd
(190.98 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

Imagine wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:16 am ...
LS3 or "RT branch" and "FC master" or stable are quite different, and probably "RT branch" will never be totally integrated in FC, see as example:

https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD
This branch is 5413 commits ahead, 6411 commits behind FreeCAD:master.
6411 commits behind, are not a little differences, expecially if FC is moving toward a more "polished UI" as it seems to reveal many developer discussion.

Usually Reporting a BUG should be supplied with a MWE (Minimal Working Example) that will show in "the most uncomplicated way" what is wrong and that could permit a developer to reuse the MWE you supplied to test changes in the code to see what happens. (And from what I see you have supplied a file, but sadly no one has downloaded it yet.)

And maybe some effective infos like:

- what steps you have made to see the bad behaviour.
- what you are expecting that will happen and what is really produced by the software.

There is a GH place were you can Report properly a bug, HERE:

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/issues

As you can see it is fairly populated of new bugs reported very recently.

If you want a bug to be fixed you have to supply effective infos, if not is simply making "noise".

Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

mouway :!: , this is the perfect example of a stupid video from someone who knows nothing about involute gear
these pignons have been designed to create a variable speed movement over a revolution, if you rotate the 2 shafts at the same speed the teeth mount on them
the only impossibility of Fc is precisely to recreate this occilatory movement, but it is not a bug
since you got your hands on it, you still have to make the macro that will make this movement, the community will be very grateful to you (and incidentally the community of clowns on elliptical wheels :lol: )
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

with a real oval you will have enough to work with
it only took me a few minutes
this PM, I'm going to ask my chickens to make an ovoid, I hope there's a bit of a sado-macho one, because it might hurt a little bit by the way.... :lol: :lol:
Attachments
gear2.FCStd
(878.89 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
gear2.JPG
gear2.JPG (19.12 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Imagine

Post by Imagine »

If I said these things too you it would be considered a personal attack, Funny! how your non-user friendly forum works, there is a pretty big difference between someone who knows nothing about involute gears & oval gears require variable speed.
Imagine

Post by Imagine »

I'm going to ask my chickens to make an ovoid
this is the perfect example of a stupid video from someone who knows nothing about involute gear
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

This is off topic and getting nowhere fruitful - topic locked.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.