Basic measurements

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
easyw-fc
Veteran

Re: Basic measurements

Post by easyw-fc »

demonlibra wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:37 am This is perfect
all the needed changes for FC main are here:
https://github.com/Celemation/FreeCAD/c ... 2a5a570a96
and there are also changes for FC LinkBranch
the changes are done over three commits (1 initial comit with 2 minor revisions):
https://github.com/EDG5000/FreeCAD_RT/c ... ts/src/Gui
Bernard19

Post by Bernard19 »

Hello,
@mario52
How do you set the width of the toolbar or move it instead of the status bar. I have version 1.26c of FCInfo.
Cordially
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi
Bernard19 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:41 pm How do you set the width of the toolbar
see Macro_FCInfo_ToolBar#Options

Menu → Tools → Edit parameters ... :BaseApp/Preferences/Macros/FCMmacros/FCInfo_ToolBar

(PS: you can choice the info to be displayed)

seT_User_setFixed_Tool_Bar_Width = set the Width of the ToolBar

seT_User_setFixed_Tool_Bar_Height = set the Height of the ToolBar
Bernard19 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:41 pm move it instead of the status bar
as all toolbars click and maintenir the serial point (left of tool bar) and move to the bottom of the screen

(you can hide the status bar "Affichage barre d'état")

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
Bernard19

Post by Bernard19 »

THANKS.
I don't have a great knowledge in coding, can you guide me. Also to create these 2 lines they must be in integer, float, text, boolean mode ... and if necessary what values must be added to have a simple bar.
Cordially
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi
Bernard19 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:41 pm How do you set the width of the toolbar
this ?
mario52 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:45 pm seT_User_setFixed_Tool_Bar_Width = set the Width of the ToolBar

seT_User_setFixed_Tool_Bar_Height = set the Height of the ToolBar
Menu → Tools → Edit parameters ... :BaseApp/Preferences/Macros/FCMmacros/FCInfo_ToolBar

(PS: you can choice the info to be displayed)

without value the bar take takes up all the available space (toute la place disponible)

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
dan-miel

Post by dan-miel »

demonlibra wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:03 am During the use of FreeCAD, I found the following ways to measure the parameters of circles:
  • Workbench Draft
  • Workbench Manipulator
  • Workbench QuickMeasure
  • Macro FCInfo
All of these methods require too many steps to get such basic information.
Perhaps there is an add-on that displays the main parameters of the selected object in the status bar?
Greetings

I noticed that you are using the Quick Measure add-in in your picture.
Your comment about too many steps to get the measurement of a selected object, in your case circle, has me thinking that perhaps our definition of basic information is different. When I wrote Quick Measure my goal was not to quickly measure one entity such as a circle, or a line but to quickly measure between two features. If you pick two points the distance between them is given in x, y, z and distance. If two planes are selected the total area of the planes is given plus the angle between them. Selecting two cylinders measures the distance between them. Select a point and a plane, on two different parts, the measurement is the distance between them as if the plane is extended past the point.
If you want the measurement of each entity, line, point, circle, arc, etc. as you hover over them, Quick Measure was not written for that but it does give the information for the entity when selected. I can also see why having this information would be handy to have but it would not replace Quick Measure.
Because QM was written to measure between two features I made the selection of the first feature a click so a person can rotate the part to select the second feature without losing the first feature.

I hope this is helpful.
Dan
Bernard19

Post by Bernard19 »

@mario52
I understood and now I have the bar with the desired information.
Thank you for your attention
demonlibra

Post by demonlibra »

dan-miel wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:25 am Your comment about too many steps to get the measurement of a selected object,
QuickMeasure for me now is the most convenient. If I need something special, I use FCInfo.

My comment about wanting to have something as simple as possible to get basic information about an object without resorting to additional tools.
When you select a point, you get the coordinates of this point in the lower left corner. I would like to receive information about other objects, such as lines, arcs, ...

PS
FreeCAD is great
QuickMeasure is the best