Feature Request: Universal deburr operation.

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ModuloFS

Feature Request: Universal deburr operation.

Post by ModuloFS »

Hello,

the deburr opration as it is now requires a 90 degree cutter so that the dimension inputs "W" and "h" are correct. It would be nice to have an additional deburr function in which i insert only the vertical and horizontal offset of the cutter in relation to the edge. This would make the function more universal to different cutters like radius cutters for example. If i want to use a cutter shown below for example i have to calculate: W=R-(d1/2) and h=d1/2. This is not very intuitive to me, so with horizontal an vertical offsets it is more tangible for me. (Vertical = R and Horizontal = R+(d1/2)
Maybe some developer is also interesstet in such a feature and wants to implement it ;)
vhm-viertelkreisfraeser-z4-altin.jpg
vhm-viertelkreisfraeser-z4-altin.jpg (15.05 KiB) Viewed 872 times
karlnick

Re: Feature Request: Universal deburr operation.

Post by karlnick »

Have also been thinking about the deburr operation. Tool length is set by measuring the length to the bottom. Diameter for rounded end require some more thinking but Freecad know about the tool shape so it should be possible to calculate the diameter at a particular depth.
ModuloFS

Re: Feature Request: Universal deburr operation.

Post by ModuloFS »

Nobody else interested in such feature? :? Or am i using it just the wrong way and there is a easy workaround for this problem?