Fix broken face

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
anthonyg

Fix broken face

Post by anthonyg »

Hope this can help someone else...

I had to change one sketch of a pocket feature and after that, it broke another pocket of a previous feature, some faces look broken and the pocket didn't work as expected.
Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 16.57.09.png
Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 16.57.09.png (117.42 KiB) Viewed 571 times
I found it strange that changing a feature that was made after this one would break it and I tried different things to fix the issue.
This is a PartDesign part, so I tried recomputing the whole part or the feature that has the issue, but it didn't work.

What worked was to Mark to Recompute the previous feature and then right click on the part and recompute.

--------

In the future if I find a similar issue I will probably just select all features, mark them all to recompute, select the part and recompute it.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Fix broken face

Post by chrisb »

FYI: There is a "Mark to recompute" in the context menu of the tree root (= the filename).
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

Can you provide the file ?
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

chrisb wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:24 pm FYI: There is a "Mark to recompute" in the context menu of the tree root (= the filename).
Yes, I know, but marking the part to recompute and then right clicking on it and recomputing does not recompute anything for me.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

anthonyg wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:03 pm Yes, I know, but marking the part to recompute and then right clicking on it and recomputing does not recompute anything for me.
Did you really mark the topmost element?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

chrisb wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:04 pm
anthonyg wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:03 pm Yes, I know, but marking the part to recompute and then right clicking on it and recomputing does not recompute anything for me.
Did you really mark the topmost element?
Ah, yes you're right, I misunderstood you.

Marking the root (document) to recompute does work!