freecad-master-build/Mod/Path/Path ?

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freman
Veteran

freecad-master-build/Mod/Path/Path ?

Post by freman »

Hi,

I'm trying to test some changes but I'm not sure about the new file tree in Path. I build recent master pull in freecad-master-build.

What is freecad-master-build/Mod/Path/Path about , is this still half migrated to a new layout?

I wanted to make changes to freecad-build-master/Mod/Path/PathScripts but changes to not seem to be read. Even deleting PathDrilling.py did not produce an error when processing a drilling path.

Do I need to get rid of pycache somehow, or edit the main tree and let make copy it all across ?

Is there some documentation of the new code structure? It seems this file is not even used now.

Thanks for any tips/explanations.

TIA.
openBrain
Veteran

Re: freecad-master-build/Mod/Path/Path ?

Post by openBrain »

Looks like you're modifying files in the build folder rather than in the source folder ...
freman
Veteran

Post by freman »

Indeed. That way I just need to close FC and restart it to get my new py file read in, instead of running make as well. I don't want to do that for every dot and comma stupid tab syntax change.

Once I have it running I will obviously want this as a local mod in the source tree.

This used to work but I suspect files have moved and I'm not editing the right thing.
freman
Veteran

Post by freman »

Ah looks like the drilling file is now at : FreeCAD/src/Mod/Path/Path/Op/Drilling.py