Unable to install FCGear in FreeCAD v0.19

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Nick_Ray

Unable to install FCGear in FreeCAD v0.19

Post by Nick_Ray »

In Windows 10, FreeCAD V0.19 :

This package is not coming up in Addon Manager External Workbenches list of packages available to install....

I tried to install using pip in Windows 10, the folders shown below got created in site packages.. but the workbench did not show up in the FreeCAD upon start...

Code: Select all

freecad
freecad.gears.0.0.4-py-3.9.egg-info
numpy
numpy-1.24.2.dist-info
pip
pygears
I removed and installed them to the user/roaming/freecad/mod folder where all the other external workbenches are installed. Again the same folders got created with python code in them but still it did not show up in FreeCAD upon start...

What is the correct way to install it in Windows10, FreeCAD V0.19?
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Unable to install FCGear in FreeCAD v0.19

Post by chrisb »

Nick_Ray wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:31 am I removed and installed them to the user/roaming/freecad/mod folder where all the other external workbenches are installed. Again the same folders got created with python code in them but still it did not show up in FreeCAD upon start...

What is the correct way to install it in Windows10, FreeCAD V0.19?
That would be the right place. Do you see any messages on startup? 0.19 is rather old, so it could even be possible that it will not work at all. Can't you upgrade?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
michaelryangreer

Post by michaelryangreer »

Just in case anyone sees this in the future, this package is listed as "freecad.gears" in the package manager, not "FCGear". Installation worked fine for me on Ubuntu 22.04LTS.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

michaelryangreer wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:40 am Just in case anyone sees this in the future, this package is listed as "freecad.gears" in the package manager, not "FCGear".
Please note that thi topic is about the ancient FreeCAD 0.19.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.