first post - typo in Getting Started

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ingulsrud

first post - typo in Getting Started

Post by ingulsrud »

I am a new FreeCAD user, intending to use it for architectural drawings and part design on my farm in Japan. As I expect to depend heavily on the wiki, I'd like to be able to at least start contributing by fixing typos.

There is a typo in the last sentence of the first paragraph in the First Steps with FreeCAD section of the Getting Started documentation:
If you are struck at some point, don't forget that…
Unless FreeCAD is known to physically assault its users, I believe the intended term is stuck.

Looking forward to gaining wiki Editor privileges so I can make minor fixes like this without burdening the team.
Joel Ingulsrud
chrisb
Veteran

Re: first post - typo in Getting Started

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Did you already send a private message to the maintainers as indicated here: viewtopic.php?t=6830 ?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
ingulsrud

Post by ingulsrud »

Did you already send a private message to the maintainers as indicated here: viewtopic.php?t=6830 ?
Did so just now, thanks for the prompt.
Joel Ingulsrud
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

ingulsrud wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:03 pm thanks for the prompt.
You're welcome. Looking forward for your corrections. It starts with small things and may end in complete workbenches :mrgreen: .
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.