Part Cross-section Attached to Wrong Body

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
CopperGenie

Re: Part Cross-section Attached to Wrong Body

Post by CopperGenie »

I understand now what the difference is. I did not understand that you had to move the cross section over to the body. Still, when I do that, it gives me an error "Map entry 0 is empty. Source-to-piece correspondence information is probably incomplete." when I try to convert the cross-section into a body. This problem is solved by moving the operational body back to the origin before creating the cross-section. A little annoying but at least it is solved.

Thank you!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Part Cross-section Attached to Wrong Body

Post by chrisb »

chrisb wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:28 pm Move the crossection (selected in the image below) into the Part container rev2 and everything is as expected:
CopperGenie wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:48 pm 4. Move cross-section plane to intersect the body using the tools in the Guiding Plane box
We are talking of different things to move. I didn't make any changes to the crossection parameters, I confirmed it right away.
My move was: after confirming, drag-and-drop the crossection object into the Part container rev2.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.