Nested Techdraw pages possible?

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Freakcad_User

Nested Techdraw pages possible?

Post by Freakcad_User »

Would it conceivably be possible to have one Techdraw page placed on another Techdraw page? This is essentially how Revit works. There are “views” that can be added to and moved between sheets, and even shared between sheets in some cases.
There are many benefits to this, at least with the way Revit works. My favorite being that I can move views to other sheets and any/all callouts to that view (e.g. a detail view) will update automatically.

I often find out that FC already does essentially the same thing I’m used to, but in a totally different way, so please let me know if this is one of those cases.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Nested Techdraw pages possible?

Post by chrisb »

You can add the same view to multiple pages by adding it to the View property. Be aware that you will have to add all dimensions you want to have too.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Freakcad_User

Re: Nested Techdraw pages possible?

Post by Freakcad_User »

Thanks for the reply. I’ll check out that feature soon. It looks like Yorik has something in mind already, described (at the beginning of the Foreword portion of the blog) here:
https://yorik.uncreated.net/blog/2021-0 ... -september
But I wondered if it could also be accomplished differently using nested Techdraw pages.